Headlight

Discuss all things 1970 & later Airheads right here.
Bob Distelcamp

Re: Headlight

Post by Bob Distelcamp »

Hi again, As of 3/17/18. the bike is now at the dealer. Euro cycles of Tampa. I brought the bike to one guy that was said to
be a BMW wiz..... After looking at it for 30 seconds he said.... get ready.... That the Alt. belt was slipping. Next stop was Euro cycles. I think I'm cursed with this R80RT, On the way, Someone took there turn wide and I drove off road, shoulder and i bounced
the bike on the trailer. I ate the right side upper fairing. YES the bike had 6 tie downs. Euro cycles has used 2 hours without
any joy yet. Wish me luck.. Happy St. Patrick"s Day
jagarra

Post by jagarra »

Sometimes it is best just to replace fuse. I had a complaint that drove me in circles with a fuse, it was the glass style with the metal end. It would read 12 volts on each end, but the light wouldn't work. Replaced fuse and it worked, seemed the original one was broken at the connection to the end cap internally, would touch for continuity , but when load was applied it opened up.
1974 R90/6 built 9/73
1987 BMW K75S
1994 BMW R1100RS
1964 T100SR Triumph
1986 Honda XL600R
enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

Cases like what jagarra experienced are why I like test lights better than meters for measuring current across connections. A bad connection can show 12 volts with no load, but put a bulb in the path and it won't light up. Bad fuses can be the same way.
Ed Miller
'81 R65
'70 Bonneville
Falls City, OR

"Gasoline makes people stupid." -- Chuey
"I'll believe corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." Bumper sticker