How do you feel about Snowbum's site?

Discuss all things 1970 & later Airheads right here.
Zombie Master

How do you feel about Snowbum's site?

Post by Zombie Master »

I've been reading a lot from his site. Quite amazing what he has on there. Lot's of detailed info. It's a lot to look at when you first peruse it. He even uses Duane's site as a reference.

Do you have confidence in his information? :geek:
Last edited by Zombie Master on Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Any and all disclaimers may apply
Airbear
Location: Oz, lower right hand side, in a bit, just over the lumpy part.

Re: How do you feel about Snowbum's site

Post by Airbear »

I could go ON AND ON about the QUALITY of information embedded in Snowbum's site but I'll just write an emphatic YES!!

We had better enjoy it while we can or store the info we are likely to need. These old airhead mechanics won't live forever. Except for Duane, of course.
Charlie
and Brunhilde - 1974 R90/6

Graduate, Wallace and Gromit School of Engineering and Design (Pending)
Kurt in S.A.

Post by Kurt in S.A. »

I agree...great resource. I'm not sure if he ever went to BMW service school but he had his own BMW shop many years ago. He cut his teeth on electrics as a kid growing up. He certainly listens to the other knowledgeable members of the Airhead community. When he finds something that corrects what he has written, he will update his website. On the ABC airlist, he writes mostly from memory and is just as detailed in his discussions. He references other resources of Airhead information and shops. Besides Duane's site, about the only other detailed website of Airhead data is Anton Largiader's.

Kurt in S.A.
barryh

Post by barryh »

The site has got better with the inclusion of pictures. There are even some of mine in there. It's a great resource and only he who has done better (which is no one) should criticise the verbosity.

I think Snowbum has said he will take steps to ensure the site stays up after he's gone.
barry
Cheshire
England
lrz

Post by lrz »

When I purchased my first airhead, Snowbum's was the only tech site I was aware of; then, as now, I find it invaluable.
Zombie Master

Post by Zombie Master »

Wonder if there is a printed manual that covers what Snowbum has posted.
Any and all disclaimers may apply
Kurt in S.A.

Post by Kurt in S.A. »

Zombie Master wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:46 am Wonder if there is a printed manual that covers what Snowbum has posted.
No. He has said that he plans to will the website to the Airheads Beemer Club. Over the years, whenever he or Oak or others have posted something worth remember...heck even some of you guys :lol: ...I've copied the posting off into a Word document for later reference.

Kurt in S.A.
enigmaT120

Re: How do you feel about Snowbum's site?

Post by enigmaT120 »

Like Kurt, I've printed out stuff I needed. I think it's a very valuable web site and was lucky enough to be able to thank him in person at the Redmond rally a few years ago.
Ed Miller
'81 R65
'70 Bonneville
Falls City, OR

"Gasoline makes people stupid." -- Chuey
"I'll believe corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." Bumper sticker
barryh

Post by barryh »

I saved web pages to Word 10 years ago but Snowbum does constant editing so they are now out of date and all need doing again. I think I'll just trust to the site being kept up.
barry
Cheshire
England
jjwithers

Post by jjwithers »

I just wish he posted photos of everything. They would help A LOT.
www.beemersandbits.com
'77 R100S - http://www.joshuawithers.com/r100s
'73 /5 Toaster Cafe bike http://www.joshwithers.com/slash5
'67 Bridgestone 175 Hurricane Scrambler
'66 R60/2
'72 BMW 2002
Instagram - jj_withers