Best time period apparel

Discuss all things 1970 & later Airheads right here.
Zombie Master

Re: Best time period apparel

Post by Zombie Master »

Mottseng wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:45 am . Second coming or retro look opinion is irrelevent to my question and yes I do want to look cool because I believe I have a cool bike.
Boxerworks is a site famous for thread degradation. You will experience our artistic dabbling here. It's what we do, and what we have done for decades. :ugeek:
Any and all disclaimers may apply
Rob

Post by Rob »

Artistic or Autistic? :mrgreen:
Rob V
Zombie Master

Post by Zombie Master »

Rob wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:31 pm Artistic or Autistic? :mrgreen:
Austenitic.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Zombie Master wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:30 am
Rob wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:31 pm Artistic or Autistic? :mrgreen:
Austenitic.
thumbs up
Rob V
Ken in Oklahoma

Post by Ken in Oklahoma »

Zombie Master wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:48 pm
Ken in Oklahoma wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:34 am
Zombie Master wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:54 am Anything pretentious is that. . . Trying to look cool.... isn't. IMO
Pretending for the moment that traditional western riding gear and mountain biking gear are roughly functionally equivalent, I would choose the traditional riding gear in a sense to acknowledge a bygone place and time. Also to 'feel' that place and time; not necessarily out of homage, but to acquire the experience for myself.

Ken
Why would you want to "pretend" that traditional western riding gear and mountain biking gear are roughly functionally equivalent? That makes no sense. Those are very different activities with different requirements.
It was an analogy. I was actually stipulating that they are different so that I could make my point.

Analogy:
a comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.

Ken

Post by Zombie Master »

Analogy:
a comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.

I did not find your comparison analogous. :ugeek:
richard t

Post by richard t »

Ken in Oklahoma wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:34 am
Zombie Master wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:54 am Anything pretentious is that. . . Trying to look cool.... isn't. IMO
I suggest that all of those 'trying to look cool' aren't necessarily trying to look cool. For example, if I were invited to go horseback riding in the mountains I would likely choose to wear western gear in lieu of, say, modern mountain biking gear. Why? Pretending for the moment that traditional western riding gear and mountain biking gear are roughly functionally equivalent, I would choose the traditional riding gear in a sense to acknowledge a bygone place and time. Also to 'feel' that place and time; not necessarily out of homage, but to acquire the experience for myself.

Ken
LaDonna ought me 3 new western shirts at Atwoods today so I guess I'll be cool now.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Do you guys line dance?
I once fantasized about line dancing.
Rob V
Mottseng

Post by Mottseng »

Coolness is mystifying. You either have it or you don't. Having it isn't entirely straightforward either. Being cool means breaking the rules, but only so much. so my coolness will be breaking the rules and wear vintage but yet functional clothing on my classic and very cool bike.
1973 75/5
Rob

Post by Rob »

I purposely ignore coolness.

Smoking cigarettes is cool.
Smoking Light cigarettes is being cool with the proper protection.
Rob V