switched circuit

Discuss all things 1970 & later Airheads right here.
Zombie Master

Re: switched circuit

Post by Zombie Master »

ME 109 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:55 pm
SteveD wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:27 am Isn't there a spot in the loom for heated grips?
ME109 will know.
My Oxford grips are wired straight to the battery. The Oxford system relies on a charging signal from the battery, so if the bike is not running there is no 'signal' and the grips will turn themselves off after two minutes. I can't recall if there is a relay or not. I'll check it out later.
There are only so much you can hook to the battery terminals.
Any and all disclaimers may apply
Rob

Post by Rob »

Zombie Master wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:10 pm There are only so much you can hook to the battery terminals.
I found that to be the case. That is why I found a suitable fuse block and ran one fat wire from it to the battery.
(I made sure there was no ground in the box. I used nylon fasteners to hold the accessory pod to the frame.)

When I sold the R65, it was in pieces, and I kept a few things, the fuse block and the Fiamms included. They finally both came in handy on the CBR250R.
(I won't buy another aftermarket alarm for a bike)
The horn connection is not identified in the image. I never did get heated grips on the CBR. Didn't need them, I had muffs.

Rob V
ME 109

Post by ME 109 »

Zombie Master wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:10 pm
ME 109 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:55 pm
SteveD wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:27 am Isn't there a spot in the loom for heated grips?
ME109 will know.
My Oxford grips are wired straight to the battery. The Oxford system relies on a charging signal from the battery, so if the bike is not running there is no 'signal' and the grips will turn themselves off after two minutes. I can't recall if there is a relay or not. I'll check it out later.
There are only so much you can hook to the battery terminals.
My Motobatt has dual pos and neg outlets. Led lights and heated grips are connected to the 'extra' terminals.
But, as Rob showed earlier a power outlet up front would be good too.
Lord of the Bings
Roy Gavin

Post by Roy Gavin »

You dont need or want to use the extra battery earth on the four post Motobatt - DAHIK '
Just clean up one of the fender bolts if you need an earth close.
EME has good prices on most loom parts-----------.
Adelaide, Oz. 77 R75/7. 86 R80 G/S PD, 93 R100 GS, 70 BSA B44 VS ,BMW F650 Classic
Zombie Master

Post by Zombie Master »

I used this system on my Suzuki, but I only need to add heated grips to the R100 and would rather not add a bunch of wiring.

https://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Wiri ... ealed.html
Any and all disclaimers may apply