Identification

Discuss all things 1970 & later Airheads right here.
ME 109

Re: Identification

Post by ME 109 »

dirtsurfer wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:25 pm
Zombie Master wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:15 am Wobbly needs some fork gaiters stat.
Agreed. It would be chilly around the stanchions without
My RS lets me pull her gaiters down. Or up if she's feeling kinky.
Lord of the Bings
The Veg

Post by The Veg »

Steve in Golden wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:36 pmIs that shop in Athens, GA, run by Nathan? From what I understand, Nathan and Matt used to be business partners but had a falling out years ago. That's when Matt took over Boxerworks.com domain name and the forum (which is now in the hands of the inmates). Veg knows alot more about it than I do.
(Just now catching up to this thread)

Yes, that is correct.

The more intricate detail was that after the falling-out Matt was running Boxerworks Parts as a spun-off, separate business from Boxerworks Service (Nathan's shop). BW Parts is now defunct and Matt has pretty much walked away from motorcycling altogether.
Cogito Ergo Moto
----------------
"A bunch of weirdos with old motorcycles can never be boring." -Doug West
"It just wouldn't be a complete day if I didn't forget something!" -Me
Wobbly

Post by Wobbly »

Nathan has done it again. I take it he mostly sells BMW parts online, and does some contracted BMW repairs for the local police depts with BMW motorcycles. He sold his customer bike repair business to a guy named Lee. I was in there 2 weeks ago and they had 1 BMW, I Kaw, and one 4-wheel run-about on the lifts.

Nathan has even passed his Airmarshal status on to another person.
After 20 years as a professional bike mechanic and 30 years as an engineer I know just enough to be dangerous !