Identification

Discuss all things 1970 & later Airheads right here.
ME 109

Re: Identification

Post by ME 109 »

Zombie Master wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:15 am Wobbly needs some fork gaiters stat.
11 rib will take the harshest punishment and will not adversely affect handling, fact.
Nice paint scheme.
Lord of the Bings
Wobbly

Post by Wobbly »

Airbear wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:51 pm Welcome aboard, Wobbly. I'm enjoying reading your well written and informative posts.
Thank you.

► One of my jobs as a research engineer was being a liaison to Marketing and explaining how new products worked. That led to a 5-year stint as a technical writer. That taught me a lot about writing for, and working with, people of all backgrounds (technical IQ, socioeconomic, cultural, nationality, etc).

I try to carry those lessons over to technical posts, but I got to admit I do miss the days of free lunches, gifts, monetary awards, and open bars the Marketing guys handed out !! :lol:

► Someone early on had asked if I was familiar with "Boxerworks". I may have unknowingly contributed to the confusion that is the basis for this thread. The Boxerworks I frequent is an AirHead shop near Athens, GA. ( https://boxerworks.org/ ) In fact I discovered this webpage while searching the web for that shop. I have since discovered there is a similarly named shop in CA. My bad.

All the best
After 20 years as a professional bike mechanic and 30 years as an engineer I know just enough to be dangerous !
Steve in Golden

Post by Steve in Golden »

Is that shop in Athens, GA, run by Nathan? From what I understand, Nathan and Matt used to be business partners but had a falling out years ago. That's when Matt took over Boxerworks.com domain name and the forum (which is now in the hands of the inmates). Veg knows alot more about it than I do.
Chuey

Post by Chuey »

ZM, I likes me my fork boots (gaitors) and endeavor to put some on my RS. But the fairing of an RS/RT has openings for the fork that have their own rubber boots. Gaitors and those RS/RT boots don't mix well. That's the reason most folks don't run them on those bikes.

A friend had some skinnier ribbed boots on his RS. I think they came from a GS. Either way, it is a bit of a challenge to use both the fairing boots and boots that cover the upper fork legs.

Chuey
Chuey

Post by Chuey »

For the record, I thought funholiday was a (sometimes) valuable member here. Every time I would "defend" him, he would do something that was way out of line...........I mean, he would be a real jerk to someone. It would be very interesting to have met him.
One person who funholiday attacked (totally unprovoked, and inexcusably) went by "GSPD" I think. He was from Canada and was also very accomplished, opinionated and helpful to us here on the forum. His off screen name is Claude. He is a super accomplished craftsman with a great aesthetic sense. I miss his input here. Funholiday really got his goat at times.

At times, Funholiday was the embodiment of things I was glad to be able to walk away from when I left high school. He would descend to that level without warning. To be clear, I was not insinuating anything about Wobbly by asking if he was Fun.

Chuey
Zombie Master

Post by Zombie Master »

I still correspond with GSPD.
Any and all disclaimers may apply
ME 109

Post by ME 109 »

Chuey wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:40 pm Every time I would "defend" him, he would do something that was way out of line...........I mean, he would be a real jerk to someone.
That was his Achilles heel.
I sort of warned some of his defenders who were new members on ADV, who a'hemmed my antagonising him, to just wait. Sure enough, just like Chuey said. No connection to anyone, or not many.
Lord of the Bings
Steve in Golden

Post by Steve in Golden »

Zombie Master wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:40 am I still correspond with GSPD.
Wish he'd come back to the forum. He is missed.
richard t

Post by richard t »

Steve in Golden wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:14 am
Zombie Master wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:40 am I still correspond with GSPD.
Wish he'd come back to the forum. He is missed.
I too miss him on the forum
richard t

Post by richard t »

I remember someone from Ca once telling me Fun rode his bikes like they were stolen and had several bad wrecks, maybe landing on his head?