Trans Output Flange

Discuss all things 1970 & later Airheads right here.
Seth

Re: Trans Output Flange

Post by Seth »

update 2
Just got a call from Bob's.
They disassembled again and took the bearing of the shaft. Found the washer was damaged causing 1st gear to hang up and not spin freely on the shaft. Recommended replacing the bearing, the washer and another bearing in the trans, then reshimming.
I agreed. So it looks like the trans should be fully functional again shortly.
Wobbly

Post by Wobbly »

Seth wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:04 am Unfortunately, I left the trans with Bob's to continue work, asking them to check the assembly of these gears on the shaft, but feel if I (an uneducated person) saw this in 5 minutes after they didn't after 3 hours, maybe I should be going somewhere else.
Your fears are correct. You'll be paying for those 3 hours. It's called "education on the customer's nickel".
After 20 years as a professional bike mechanic and 30 years as an engineer I know just enough to be dangerous !
Zombie Master

Post by Zombie Master »

Wobbly wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:40 pm
Seth wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:04 am Unfortunately, I left the trans with Bob's to continue work, asking them to check the assembly of these gears on the shaft, but feel if I (an uneducated person) saw this in 5 minutes after they didn't after 3 hours, maybe I should be going somewhere else.
Your fears are correct. You'll be paying for those 3 hours. It's called "education on the customer's nickel".
That's helpful :roll:
Any and all disclaimers may apply