Stinky boot

Discuss all things 1970 & later Airheads right here.
Zombie Master

Re: Stinky boot

Post by Zombie Master »

Good stuff to know!
Any and all disclaimers may apply
melville

Post by melville »

Hey! Are you heading to GP?

I'm rolling out early on the 20th in a mostly GP direction (299 to 96 to I-5, then I'm heading east after Ashland). LMK if you're anywhere near melvilleville on that day.
Call me Mel. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me at home, I thought I would ride about a little and see the other parts of the world.
Chuey

Post by Chuey »

Hi Mellville,

Are you going up to Bend? I think that's how some people go there. I may be able to head down and meet for breakfast or something in Ashland. Are you going to be on the bike or in the four wheeler? Please give me a call or a text so we have a way to make contact if that can work out.

I was also hoping to maybe be able to meet up with Ed Miller and Ken in Oklahoma but currently in Boise in these next two months.

Chuey
Chuey

Post by Chuey »

After getting my bike back, I realized the horn(s) did not work. I'm riding through LA so I'd like the ability to alert texting drivers and kamakazee lane changers that I'm there. Second stage has been checked out and it works fine. Middle finger of glove will still rise above the others, making a nice silent signal for those who earn it.

The problem with the horn turned out to be GROUND. The powder coated frame was insulating the ground into not actually being a ground at all. That, I took care of. In spite of my lack of knowledge regarding electrical issues, I diagnosed it and man, do I have good grounds now?!!!?

Chuey
SteveD

Post by SteveD »

For solving electrikery Chuey, you can now blow your own horn. Grounds for celebration! :D
Cheers, Steve
Victoria, S.E.Oz.

1982 R100RSR100RS supergallery. https://boxerboy81.smugmug.com/R100RS
2006 K1200R.
1994 R1100GS.