Aftermarket Seats

Discuss all things 1970 & later Airheads right here.
chasgrips45

Aftermarket Seats

Post by chasgrips45 »

I guess it`s about time to replace my r90s seat. Looks like there`s been some changes . It`s now possible to order a whole seat unit that`s just about OEM. Has anybody been dealing with Corbin lately? I see where they make a nice single unit, but in the past the seat looks so massive with the seat pan they use. I`ve also hd trouble with their customer srevice ,but it seems that they`re the last ones that make any type of custom seat (color,shape) . Has anyone had a real custom seat made lately? Maye leather ,in a different color. I had the bike painted a graphite color ,very similar to the Mazda Miata color. The Miata has an interior color that`s a tan color.Believe it or not ,the dark silver & tan really looks striking,I think it would look nice on the old bike.
Major Softie

Re: Aftermarket Seats

Post by Major Softie »

Sargent will probably make you a seat on your pan, even if they aren't currently selling one with their own. I know either Mayer brother or Russell will.

The Russell seat is absolutely the most comfortable thing you can own, despite the fact that it is ugly ugly ugly.

It's not cheap either, but the comfort is worth the price - even though it is ugly ugly ugly!!!!

If this doesn't get a rise out of him, I don't know what will. :shock:
MS - out
Scot

Post by Scot »

If this doesn't get a rise out of him, I don't know what will. :shock:[/quote]

Some soft lighting, a glass of wine, (okay . . . maybe Mt. Dew) and you, naked on my leather Russell seat. Yup . . . that'd do it!
Garnet

Post by Garnet »

"Some soft lighting, a glass of wine, (okay . . . maybe Mt. Dew) and you, naked on my leather Russell seat. Yup . . . that'd do it![/quote]"

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Garnet

Major Softie

Post by Major Softie »

I knew it would work!!!!! :mrgreen:
Nice to hear from you Scott-less-a-t.
MS - out
Scot

Post by Scot »

Thanks, Kurt. It's a pleasure to see you participating again, also. Now, all I gotta do is figure out how to use all the bells and whistles on this here new-fangled site! (I'd insert a smiley face here if I had the least bit of a clue how to do it!)
Deleted User 61

Post by Deleted User 61 »

chas,

I have been extremely happy with my repro from S. Meyer. http://www.meyer-bikes.com/ersatz3.php?cat=32
The R90S seats are at the bottom of the page.
chasgrips45

Post by chasgrips45 »

Has anyone tried the single seat from corbin? The damn thing looks massive,&it would seem that the nose on the seat would beat up the tank. Oh BTW, can anyone give me advice on using the post type seat attachment vs the regular factory hinges? I`d sure like a photo of the post type arrangement ,I forgot how the configuration looks.
Chuey

Post by Chuey »

Any good upholstery shop that does car type stuff could make a nice job for you. The stock foam is available new if you need that. You can pick out the fabric from their stash or take in your own and they can make a cover and install it for you.

Chuey
chasgrips45

Post by chasgrips45 »

Does anyone have a photo of the seat mod ,used where the hinges are eliminated,& a 6 ?mm bolt used? i cant seem to remember how it looks