Today in the shed you did...

Discuss all things 1970 & later Airheads right here.
Major Softie

Re: Today in the shed you did...

Post by Major Softie »

Duane Ausherman wrote:grant81rs said, "I found a spare part that I forgot I had brought, I buy shit, hide it then forget I even have it, then start looking again for that exact part on ebay or gumtree..... mad I say, I'm going f%$king mad.."

How in the world can one do that? I would never do that. I never did that. Nope, not me, not even once. I have a system so that wouldn't happen. Only if I forgot my system could I do that. It would never happen, never did and won't.
So, you have decided to not remember having done that....
MS - out
ME 109

Post by ME 109 »

Major Softie wrote: So, you have decided to not remember having done that....
I don't think any decisions were involved. :mrgreen:
Lord of the Bings
Ken in Oklahoma

Post by Ken in Oklahoma »

grant81rs wrote:I found a spare part that I forgot I had brought, I buy shit, hide it then forget I even have it, then start looking again for that exact part on ebay or gumtree..... mad I say, I'm going f%$king mad....
That's nuthin' I once misplaced a whole airhead!
Well, OK, that's not exactly not true. But I have a lot of airhead spare parts, enought to make up most of an airhead, and I can't remember where exactly I put them. For a given item, was it in this box or that barrel, or did I put them up on a shelf in the shop?

The scary thing is that it's not going to get any better unless I do an inventory and list the part names, P/N, location, and other pertinent data on my computer. That sounds like much more work than searching all over hell for those new bing floats I now need.

Ken

Post by Rob »

Duane Ausherman wrote:grant81rs said, "I found a spare part that I forgot I had brought, I buy shit, hide it then forget I even have it, then start looking again for that exact part on ebay or gumtree..... mad I say, I'm going f%$king mad.."

How in the world can one do that? I would never do that. I never did that. Nope, not me, not even once. I have a system so that wouldn't happen. Only if I forgot my system could I do that. It would never happen, never did and won't.
Rob V
Texer

Post by Texer »

Replaced the tube in my 75/5 rear tire. Used only the tools in my on-bike tool kit (I think that is the first time not using "easier" tools from the rollaway) and now feel better about being prepared for roadside puncture repair. Did keep the garage door open to let in beautiful fall sunshine. (Installed a Bridgestone tube from local Bmw dealership. Thought they'd have metzler, but this one seemed pretty good)
1970 R75/5
1974 R90s
jagarra

Post by jagarra »

Still working on the pieces for the dual disc conversion. Wire brushed the silver caliper, masked off areas, raised the garage temp to 70 degrees and gave it the first coat of black caliper paint.

Only shed I have is a storage shed with my Triumph and stuff stored in there.
1974 R90/6 built 9/73
1987 BMW K75S
1994 BMW R1100RS
1964 T100SR Triumph
1986 Honda XL600R
grant81rs

Post by grant81rs »

Stood quietly staring into the headlight bucket in a confused daze for ages waiting for the indicators to start flashing on their own... Nothing!!
Cheers, Grant
Gippsland - Australia

1978 R100RS
1981 R100RS
1994 K1100RS
2005 R1150gsa
SteveD

Re: Today in your garage you...

Post by SteveD »

jagarra wrote:Only shed I have is a storage shed with my Triumph and stuff stored in there.
Fwiw and to clarify, here in Oz, shed also means garage.

I washed, dried and painted the insides of the lower fairing to a cleaner looking satin black.
Cheers, Steve
Victoria, S.E.Oz.

1982 R100RSR100RS supergallery. https://boxerboy81.smugmug.com/R100RS
2006 K1200R.
1994 R1100GS.
bbelk

Post by bbelk »

I didn't do anything. Both bikes are running great. I fixed the irrigation system, does that count?

To do: Turn signal indicator doesn't work on the R90. Front brake light switch doesn't work on the R65. Small things.
1975 R90/6
1979 R65
Rob

Post by Rob »

bbelk wrote:I didn't do anything. Both bikes are running great. I fixed the irrigation system, does that count?

To do: Turn signal indicator doesn't work on the R90. Front brake light switch doesn't work on the R65. Small things.
Brad, you would believe how long I rode relying on the rear brake light switch.
Rob V