Finally Out For A Little Testing

Wanna talk BMW K bikes? Here's your home.
grant81rs

Finally Out For A Little Testing

Post by grant81rs »

Gidday Fellas,

This morning with an unregistered vehicle permit taped firmly to the screen I thru on the gear and got the beemer out of the shed for its first "finished" run to stretch it's legs up and down the free way a little for 50kms.
Very impressed and super comfy for a 20 year old bike, does it just so easy, 115kph @ 4500rpm, 1100cc motor so responsive and it just wants to roll on the power when the throttle is opened and also has amazing engine braking when throttle rolled off.
ABS brakes still being a bitch after searching, testing, reading the codes, resetting the codes and also replacing a new rear abs sensor but now its only intermittently and these can be switched off while riding if I have to, I have been told just to ride it and sometimes they will self correct? .. We'll see what happens.

Cheers, Grant
Gippsland - Australia

1978 R100RS
1981 R100RS
1994 K1100RS
2005 R1150gsa
ME 109

Re: Finally Out For A Little Testing

Post by ME 109 »

Very good indeed Grant. If you pull one or two spark leads off, it will feel just like the good ol' days. :mrgreen:
Prolly see you at the next southern Boxerworks camp fire!
Lord of the Bings
Mal S7

Post by Mal S7 »

Good to see you back on the road Grant,

It sure doesn't look like a twenty year old bike. Needs some bugs and dirt.

cheers
Mal
grant81rs

Post by grant81rs »

Gidday Jeff and Mal,

All is good with it fellas and very enjoyable to ride, even in very gusty winds you could kick back and read The Age newspaper on this thing :o

Now just waiting for a few spare funds to come rolling in and then I'll be off to the rego shop for some self inflicted pain.

Hope all is well with you both and the families, must chat soon.
Cheers, Grant
Gippsland - Australia

1978 R100RS
1981 R100RS
1994 K1100RS
2005 R1150gsa