Unintended Consequence of eBay... R850R

Discussion about modern BMW twins
bmwloco

Re: Unintended Consequence of eBay... R850R

Post by bmwloco »

Still enjoying the R850R. Always starts, pulls very well, and it's comfortable too.

On the down side, the front end is ok, but it has Zero feedback. It has never failed me though; any way I dive into a corner, it comes out fine. I prefer conventional forks, but it is what it is...

Just had it inspected and it dawned on me - it's 20 years old. Damn. The most recent bike in the fleet - everything else is 30 or older.
Wobbly

Post by Wobbly »

I looked in my local CraigsList for a photo because I wasn't familiar with the model. Of course.... there was a nice clean one within riding distance with an asking price that was well below your fairy tale. This is how divorces happen !
After 20 years as a professional bike mechanic and 30 years as an engineer I know just enough to be dangerous !
Rob

Post by Rob »

bmwloco wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:19 am On the down side, the front end is ok, but it has Zero feedback. It has never failed me though; any way I dive into a corner, it comes out fine. I prefer conventional forks, but it is what it is...
I suspect they are not too different from your Earles on the /2?
I haven't ridden a R850R, but I enjoyed the anti-dive on the Earles.
Rob V
Rob

Post by Rob »

Oh, and thanks for coming back for feedback!
Rob V