BMW Concept Lac Rose ?

This is for the discussion of Motorcycling. The art, the science, the theory of all things related to our favorite sport... riding motorcycles.
User avatar
Sibbo
Posts: 5541
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:18 am
Where are you located?: Northern NSW Australia
Location: Oz , half way up ,sitting on a wet spot .

BMW Concept Lac Rose ?

Post by Sibbo » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:27 am

Has anyone posted this, basically an R nine T Scrambler.
Not exactly light and flickable ! :lol:

http://www.cycleworld.com/bmw-concept-l ... ams#page-6
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know"
The Grateful Dead

User avatar
Zombie Master
Posts: 7710
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:21 am
Where are you located?: Vancouver Island
Location: Vancouver Island BC Canada

Re: BMW Concept Lac Rose ?

Post by Zombie Master » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:52 am

BMW needs to build a GS750 boxer under 400 pds. 3/4 the size of a 1200 GS designed to be serviced by the owner.
Any and all disclaimers may apply

User avatar
Sibbo
Posts: 5541
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:18 am
Where are you located?: Northern NSW Australia
Location: Oz , half way up ,sitting on a wet spot .

Re: BMW Concept Lac Rose ?

Post by Sibbo » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:19 am

Agreed ! I'm finding my girl a wee bit heavy although my energy is down at the moment.
I'm considering a G650 CX.
http://www.bikesales.com.au/private/SSE ... ss=Premium
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know"
The Grateful Dead

User avatar
dougie
Posts: 2512
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:19 pm
Where are you located?: Canada
Location: Burlington Ontario, Canada

Re: BMW Concept Lac Rose ?

Post by dougie » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:13 am

I've spent most of my money on women, motorcycles, and beer.
The rest of it I just wasted.

User avatar
Sibbo
Posts: 5541
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:18 am
Where are you located?: Northern NSW Australia
Location: Oz , half way up ,sitting on a wet spot .

Re: BMW Concept Lac Rose ?

Post by Sibbo » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:38 pm

Nup, a lighter bike is my main requirement.
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know"
The Grateful Dead

User avatar
dougie
Posts: 2512
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:19 pm
Where are you located?: Canada
Location: Burlington Ontario, Canada

Re: BMW Concept Lac Rose ?

Post by dougie » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:34 am

Sibbo wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:38 pm
Nup, a lighter bike is my main requirement.
Sorry Sibbo, that link didn't go where I thought. Try this - http://www.cycleworld.com/2017-bmw-g-31 ... -adv-crown
(wet weight 374 lbs.)
I've spent most of my money on women, motorcycles, and beer.
The rest of it I just wasted.

User avatar
Zombie Master
Posts: 7710
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:21 am
Where are you located?: Vancouver Island
Location: Vancouver Island BC Canada

Re: BMW Concept Lac Rose ?

Post by Zombie Master » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:13 pm

This is my daily rider. Did a full service, tires, tune up with valve check, oil and filter change in one afternoon. If I get old and weaker I can lower it without buying anything. The forks can be reconfigured to sit lower and the rear linkage has lower position set up. You just have to buy a shorter sidestand, or simply cut down the original. Air cooled, carb, jam nut valve adjustment, 324 pounds stock,, manufactured in Japan.

Image
Any and all disclaimers may apply

User avatar
dougie
Posts: 2512
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:19 pm
Where are you located?: Canada
Location: Burlington Ontario, Canada

Re: BMW Concept Lac Rose ?

Post by dougie » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:26 pm

Zombie Master wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:13 pm
This is my daily rider. Did a full service, tires, tune up with valve check, oil and filter change in one afternoon. If I get old and weaker I can lower it without buying anything. The forks can be reconfigured to sit lower and the rear linkage has lower position set up. You just have to buy a shorter sidestand, or simply cut down the original. Air cooled, carb, jam nut valve adjustment, 324 pounds stock,, manufactured in Japan.

Image
Nice.
I've spent most of my money on women, motorcycles, and beer.
The rest of it I just wasted.

User avatar
Sibbo
Posts: 5541
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:18 am
Where are you located?: Northern NSW Australia
Location: Oz , half way up ,sitting on a wet spot .

Re: BMW Concept Lac Rose ?

Post by Sibbo » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:35 am

A DR650 ?
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know"
The Grateful Dead

User avatar
Sibbo
Posts: 5541
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:18 am
Where are you located?: Northern NSW Australia
Location: Oz , half way up ,sitting on a wet spot .

Re: BMW Concept Lac Rose ?

Post by Sibbo » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:41 am

dougie wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:34 am
Sibbo wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:38 pm
Nup, a lighter bike is my main requirement.
Sorry Sibbo, that link didn't go where I thought. Try this - http://www.cycleworld.com/2017-bmw-g-31 ... -adv-crown
(wet weight 374 lbs.)
Not available here yet, the road R version is . Nice.
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know"
The Grateful Dead

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests