old scool new bikes

This is for the discussion of Motorcycling. The art, the science, the theory of all things related to our favorite sport... riding motorcycles.
Sibbo

Re: old scool new bikes

Post by Sibbo »

Here's something I'd buy if it was available here ... https://www.cycleworld.com/2013/05/14/b ... iew-photos
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know"
The Grateful Dead
dougie

Post by dougie »

robert wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:50 pm Trim about a hundred pounds off that pig and you may have something.
+1.
I've spent most of my money on women, motorcycles, and beer.
The rest of it I just wasted.
Wobbly

Post by Wobbly »

robert wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:50 pm Trim about a hundred pounds off that pig and you may have something.
While the new snowflake wheel was being installed, the dealer had a Racer on the showroom. It looked very nice, but I saw issues (like no bags or racks) right off. Even at the same price, I'd rather have a nice S or RS from the mid-80's.

Also interesting how every reviewer on YouTube mentioned removing the tag/tail lamp bracket ! :lol:
After 20 years as a professional bike mechanic and 30 years as an engineer I know just enough to be dangerous !
Zombie Master

Post by Zombie Master »

+1
Any and all disclaimers may apply
Sibbo

Post by Sibbo »

dougie wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:43 am Do we know anyone who has, or used to have a Royal Enfield.
All I ever heard about them was not good. The typical unreliability stuff about older Brit bikes, and that the Indian ones were just as bad or worse.
I find something compelling about an air-cooled 500cc single with push button start (for my old bones), but I despise dodgy electrics.

Me. But I think the one I owned was a lemon, it vibrated more than I liked and dropped a tooth off a gear in the gearbox and jammed it. Not too hard a fix but it would have been a bastard away from home.

The kick start was easy once you learned how but no kid was going to steal it !

I sold mine, I just lost confidence in it and bought my ST. Most REs must be better than the one I owned. :(
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know"
The Grateful Dead