What are your boots?

This is for the discussion of Motorcycling. The art, the science, the theory of all things related to our favorite sport... riding motorcycles.
Zombie Master

What are your boots?

Post by Zombie Master »

If you like them:

I have Alpinestar Web Gor-tex. Been on a lot of wet trips and no problems. Super comfy, and quite walk-able. I love them. There are boots with more protection but, not as walk-able. These are CE rated. Easy to install! I had this pair re-soled and it worked out. Affordable.

https://www.alpinestars.com/web-gtx-boot

Areostich Combat touring: Good all purpose boot that will stay dry if treated with Roo fat or sumtin' like that. Good support. I've had them for decades and they hold up and parts are available.. I use them when I'll be on gravel and off road.

http://www.aerostich.com/clothing/footw ... ring-boots

Alpinestar Super Tech Touring: Gore tex with more protection. They tie up inside and offer a lot of support. Not that much fun to walk in. Pricy too. I will wear them on a long day, but usually go for the Web Gore Tex. They take longer to install but I really, should wear them more for the protection. Good for most any riding.

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/un ... boots.html
Any and all disclaimers may apply
ME 109

Re: What are your boots?

Post by ME 109 »

Sidi Canyon.
Goretex, comfortable straight out of the box. Not clumsy with the gear shift.
Good boots.
Lord of the Bings
melville

Post by melville »

Mine are some lace-up boots bought at the Harley store. They look a bit like paratrooper boots. I do some hiking on my rides, so I went to the Harley store for boots suitable for walking.
Call me Mel. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me at home, I thought I would ride about a little and see the other parts of the world.
Wobbly

Post by Wobbly »

► My brother started out with a pair of Bilt, and for me Tour Master riding boots. Both were great on the bike, but not so much for walking around. We both independently discovered 6 inch high, Gortex-like "tactical boots". He bought the zip-up Ryno and I purchased the lace-up Bates. We're both much happier. Now we only wear the touring boots when we intend to ride all day.

Beware of using lace-up hiking or work boots with the large eyelets on an Airhead. I have managed to un-clip 2 float bowls when the eyelets snagged on the Bing's float bowl retaining clip. One bowl stayed balanced on my toe until I managed to get pulled over. One float bowl was completely lost. Not only did I loose significant quantities of fuel, but my boot, sock and foot were completely soaked. Not a fun adventure for many reasons, including Bing's replacement cost which was near $50. :shock:
After 20 years as a professional bike mechanic and 30 years as an engineer I know just enough to be dangerous !
dougie

Post by dougie »

I've spent most of my money on women, motorcycles, and beer.
The rest of it I just wasted.
Steve in Golden

Post by Steve in Golden »

Boots? Boots are for weenies. I wear shorts, t-shirt, and sandals when I ride.
Zombie Master

Post by Zombie Master »

Wobbly wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:38 am ► My brother started out with a pair of Bilt, and for me Tour Master riding boots. Both were great on the bike, but not so much for walking around. We both independently discovered 6 inch high, Gortex-like "tactical boots". He bought the zip-up Ryno and I purchased the lace-up Bates. We're both much happier. Now we only wear the touring boots when we intend to ride all day.

Beware of using lace-up hiking or work boots with the large eyelets on an Airhead. I have managed to un-clip 2 float bowls when the eyelets snagged on the Bing's float bowl retaining clip. One bowl stayed balanced on my toe until I managed to get pulled over. One float bowl was completely lost. Not only did I loose significant quantities of fuel, but my boot, sock and foot were completely soaked. Not a fun adventure for many reasons, including Bing's replacement cost which was near $50. :shock:

I actually went down on an R/75 because of eyelets releasing a float bowl. I will not wear laced footwear on a motorcycle ever. Laces can get loose for many reasons.
Zombie Master

Post by Zombie Master »

Steve in Golden wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:18 pm Boots? Boots are for weenies. I wear shorts, t-shirt, and sandals when I ride.
You're from Colorado....we get it. :?
dougie

Post by dougie »

Steve in Golden wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:18 pm Boots? Boots are for weenies. I wear shorts, t-shirt, and sandals when I ride.
And road rash? Scabs? :P
dougie

Post by dougie »

Little known fact -
Deerskin is more abrasion resistant than cowhide.
My gloves are deerskin.