I put a deposit down on a G310 GS

This is for the discussion of Motorcycling. The art, the science, the theory of all things related to our favorite sport... riding motorcycles.
Sibbo

Re: I put a deposit down on a G310 GS

Post by Sibbo »

My problem is tiredness post the brain cancer treatment, it's really my only symptom but an annoying one. I'm always bloody tired and the thought of riding the ST 1000 km just makes me tireder !

A smaller, lighter bike should help a bit .
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know"
The Grateful Dead
Zombie Master

Post by Zombie Master »

Sibbo wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:14 pm My problem is tiredness post the brain cancer treatment, it's really my only symptom but an annoying one. I'm always bloody tired and the thought of riding the ST 1000 km just makes me tireder !

It seems to me, from what I've seen, that it takes two years to get past a major event.
Any and all disclaimers may apply
Ridercam

Post by Ridercam »

Sibbo wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:14 pm My problem is tiredness post the brain cancer treatment, it's really my only symptom but an annoying one. I'm always bloody tired and the thought of riding the ST 1000 km just makes me tireder !

I actively read what you write and listen to what you have said through all this. I know you are walking measured steps in a good recovery back from all this. You mentioned a small bike and a good little sailer for yourself elsewhere.

A small bike and a lugger would work for me. I figure i can sell the airhead for supplies and begin the build in the next months.

https://youtu.be/2RsttZg7iCc
I always brake in corners and think how I am going to get home if I really mess up. When I get home, I wished that I hadn't used my brakes and should have ridden a bit further.
Sibbo

Post by Sibbo »

Very nice Ted.
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know"
The Grateful Dead
Wobbly

Post by Wobbly »

dougie wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:02 pm I would say something small and chrome fell off their bike about a mile back. They always believed me. :twisted:
Oh man, if you told them their Guardian Bell fell off, you might see tears. :lol:
After 20 years as a professional bike mechanic and 30 years as an engineer I know just enough to be dangerous !