Better helmets

This is for the discussion of Motorcycling. The art, the science, the theory of all things related to our favorite sport... riding motorcycles.
Zombie Master

Re: Better helmets

Post by Zombie Master »

The Veg wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:10 pm Klim is a bit of a rip-off. Good gear for sure, but REALLY overpriced. And the name is 'milk' backward. This is no coincidence; the founder of the brand has said so. Apparently he just happened to look at a milk carton while thinking about having trouble deciding on a name.
What have they ripped off?
Any and all disclaimers may apply
The Veg

Post by The Veg »

The consumers who paid too much. It's good gear, nothing wrong with it that I'm aware of, but not worth the price-difference to comparable stuff.
Cogito Ergo Moto
----------------
"A bunch of weirdos with old motorcycles can never be boring." -Doug West
"It just wouldn't be a complete day if I didn't forget something!" -Me
Zombie Master

Post by Zombie Master »

The Veg wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:46 am The consumers who paid too much. It's good gear, nothing wrong with it that I'm aware of, but not worth the price-difference to comparable stuff.
I paid $500CDN for the Latitude jacket in mid winter. I couldn't find anything else that was a better value. Got D30 armour included, Gore tex, been weather proof through 6 weeks in the fall in New Zealand. Three seasons later in BC costal conditions, still performing as new. What could compare? Be specific.
Any and all disclaimers may apply