Better helmets

This is for the discussion of Motorcycling. The art, the science, the theory of all things related to our favorite sport... riding motorcycles.
Zombie Master

Better helmets

Post by Zombie Master »

Any and all disclaimers may apply
enigmaT120

Re: Better helmets

Post by enigmaT120 »

Maybe. I paid enough for that Lazer that I don't expect to be in the market for a really long time.
Ed Miller
'81 R65
'70 Bonneville
Falls City, OR

"Gasoline makes people stupid." -- Chuey
"I'll believe corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." Bumper sticker
Zombie Master

Post by Zombie Master »

enigmaT120 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:18 am Maybe. I paid enough for that Lazer that I don't expect to be in the market for a really long time.
Have you liked your Lazer?
enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

I love that thing! I got the same one you did, with a spare transitions shield and fog thing, can't remember the name. I expect to keep it for a long time. A buddy of mine is supposed to get me a DOT sticker to put on it, not that I ever remember seeing a cop check that. Certainly not on full face helmets.
Ed Miller
'81 R65
'70 Bonneville
Falls City, OR

"I'll believe corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." Bumper sticker
Zombie Master

Post by Zombie Master »

KIim is now selling the same helmet, so I should be able to get a new visions face shield for it locally....for way to much money I'm sure!
enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

I wonder why they don't sell in the U.S. The company I bought it from was in England, and they didn't mind shipping it here.
Ed Miller
'81 R65
'70 Bonneville
Falls City, OR

Zombie Master

Post by Zombie Master »

enigmaT120 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:22 pm I wonder why they don't sell in the U.S. The company I bought it from was in England, and they didn't mind shipping it here.
They do ....now:

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/kli ... viz-helmet
enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

So Klim is having Lazer make the helmets with the Klim name? I never heard of Klim before but it sure looks like the same helmet.
Ed Miller
'81 R65
'70 Bonneville
Falls City, OR

Zombie Master

Post by Zombie Master »

enigmaT120 wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:00 am So Klim is having Lazer make the helmets with the Klim name? I never heard of Klim before but it sure looks like the same helmet.
Klim is a major player in high end riding gear. Our Lazers are, no doubt, coming out of the same Chinese factory as the Klim. I got my Manaco Evo for $400. less than it would have cost if I had bought the same Klim helmet locally. I have a Klim Latitude riding jacket that has been wonderful, but who knows if the next one will be as good. Name brand means nothing these days. I find that soooooo disappointing. :x
The Veg

Post by The Veg »

Klim is a bit of a rip-off. Good gear for sure, but REALLY overpriced. And the name is 'milk' backward. This is no coincidence; the founder of the brand has said so. Apparently he just happened to look at a milk carton while thinking about having trouble deciding on a name.
Cogito Ergo Moto
----------------
"A bunch of weirdos with old motorcycles can never be boring." -Doug West
"It just wouldn't be a complete day if I didn't forget something!" -Me