Got Me One

This is for the discussion of Motorcycling. The art, the science, the theory of all things related to our favorite sport... riding motorcycles.
Zombie Master

Re: Got Me One

Post by Zombie Master »

Ken in Oklahoma wrote:And the cool thing is, that beauty is very much a product of your very own thought, planning, and labor. My own style of celebration would be to sit in a comfy chair, cigar in one hand, beer in the other--and indulge in some serious self-congratulation.

And then there's the riding of your creation, an additional celebration.

Ken
s

I would delay any self congratulation until I had several thousand miles of consistent operation. But YRMV :geek:
Any and all disclaimers may apply
Ken in Oklahoma

Post by Ken in Oklahoma »

Zombie Master wrote:I would delay any self congratulation until I had several thousand miles of consistent operation. But YRMV :geek:
Yeah, my mileage varies. There are a lot of things than need to have been done right for such a stunning result. Consistent operation would be only one of many things that go into such a result.

For example, I wouldn't turn away the lady of my dreams who sometimes doesn't do what she says she's going to do.

Ken

Post by Zombie Master »

Ken in Oklahoma wrote:
Zombie Master wrote:I would delay any self congratulation until I had several thousand miles of consistent operation. But YRMV :geek:
For example, I wouldn't turn away the lady of my dreams who sometimes doesn't do what she says she's going to do.

Ken
You should be riding a Ducati then. I personally require total obedience and reliability. :geek:
Any and all disclaimers may apply
Ken in Oklahoma

Post by Ken in Oklahoma »

Zombie Master wrote:
Ken in Oklahoma wrote:
You should be riding a Ducati then. I personally require total obedience and reliability. :geek:
I did say "sometimes". But then I guess I'm pretty easygoing when it comes to sex appeal. I mean I like old Brit bikes.

Ken

Post by Major Softie »

Ken in Oklahoma wrote: I did say "sometimes". But then I guess I'm pretty easygoing when it comes to sex appeal. I mean I like old Brit bikes.

Ken
Yeah, that definitely shows a tolerant man.
MS - out
grant81rs

Post by grant81rs »

Gidday,

Out and around the Gippsland countryside today for a little more "running in" time for the engine, now 500kms has been covered and it was lovely autumn weather to do it, plus I went the single seat option for the first time, bloody comfortable to btw..

Cheers, Grant
Gippsland - Australia

1978 R100RS
1981 R100RS
1994 K1100RS
2005 R1150gsa
grant81rs

Post by grant81rs »

Gidday Fellas,

So after having a few email conversations with Rick from Motoelekt these last few days I now have one of these new Alpha digital igintion systems going in the post along with a new green Dyna coil for me and a another blue Dyne coil for SteveD.

http://www.motoelekt.com/ignition.htm

Not quite sure what to expect but it should be fun doing the install and improving the old RS just that little bit more! :?

Has anyone one else on this forum tried or used this type of ignition setup at all?
Cheers, Grant
Gippsland - Australia

1978 R100RS
1981 R100RS
1994 K1100RS
2005 R1150gsa
SteveD

Post by SteveD »

I can only presume Rick is absolutely sure it's the green and not the brown coil that mates with the electronic ignition?
Cheers, Steve
Victoria, S.E.Oz.

1982 R100RSR100RS supergallery. https://boxerboy81.smugmug.com/R100RS
2006 K1200R.
1994 R1100GS.
grant81rs

Post by grant81rs »

Gidday Steve,

Gave in the model, year and make etc.. and he replied with green? but will double check!!
Cheers, Grant
Gippsland - Australia

1978 R100RS
1981 R100RS
1994 K1100RS
2005 R1150gsa
SteveD

Post by SteveD »

grant81rs wrote:Gave in the model, year and make etc.. and he replied with green? but will double check!!
Check yer email....confirmed via another user. Green!
Cheers, Steve
Victoria, S.E.Oz.

1982 R100RSR100RS supergallery. https://boxerboy81.smugmug.com/R100RS
2006 K1200R.
1994 R1100GS.