Could it be good?

This is for the discussion of Motorcycling. The art, the science, the theory of all things related to our favorite sport... riding motorcycles.
bbelk

Re: Could it be good?

Post by bbelk »

melville wrote: And yet as much as we want to insult Kentucky, we must recognize that modern oral health started in Kentucky.

Clearly, if they had been invented anywhere else, they would be called 'teethbrush' and 'teethpaste.'
How long have you been waiting for this opportunity....
1975 R90/6
1979 R65
Airbear
Location: Oz, lower right hand side, in a bit, just over the lumpy part.

Post by Airbear »

Kurt Vonnegut was a Hoosier.
In Cat's Cradle (1963) he uses being a Hoosier as an example of a "granfalloon"

From Wikipedia: A granfalloon, in the fictional religion of Bokononism (created by Kurt Vonnegut in his 1963 novel Cat's Cradle), is defined as a "false karass". That is, it is a group of people who affect a shared identity or purpose, but whose mutual association is actually meaningless.

"My God," she said, "are you a Hoosier?"
I admitted I was.
"I'm a Hoosier, too," she crowed. "Nobody has to be ashamed of being a Hoosier."
"I'm not," I said. "I never knew anybody who was."
– Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Hmm, is the Boxerworks forum another example of a granfalloon?
Charlie
and Brunhilde - 1974 R90/6

Graduate, Wallace and Gromit School of Engineering and Design (Pending)
Rob

Post by Rob »

Airbear wrote:
Hmm, is the Boxerworks forum another example of a granfalloon?
Seems to fit. We'll know in a little while, when the Major logs on.
Rob V
Major Softie

Post by Major Softie »

LOL!

Sounds about right to me.
MS - out
Airbear

Post by Airbear »

Major Softie wrote:LOL!

Sounds about right to me.
Phew! Passed the Softie test.
Charlie

Rob

Post by Rob »

Those were some of my most favorite years - reading Vonnegut, listening to Jazz Flight 105 and riding my CL360.
Rob V
Airbear

Post by Airbear »

Rob wrote:Those were some of my most favorite years - reading Vonnegut, listening to Jazz Flight 105 and riding my CL360.
I still love to read Vonnegut. All my old paperbacks have fallen apart and there are strange greenish crumbs caught between the well-yellowed pages. I recently acquired the entire Vonnegut collection - novels, short story collections, letters and speeches - in ebook form to read on my tablet. Being of somewhat advanced age and having a somewhat tenuous memory thingy, all those books are fresh and new each time I read them.

So there can be some advantages to getting old. YMMV
Charlie

enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

Airbear wrote:
Rob wrote:Those were some of my most favorite years - reading Vonnegut, listening to Jazz Flight 105 and riding my CL360.
I still love to read Vonnegut. All my old paperbacks have fallen apart and there are strange greenish crumbs caught between the well-yellowed pages. I recently acquired the entire Vonnegut collection - novels, short story collections, letters and speeches - in ebook form to read on my tablet. Being of somewhat advanced age and having a somewhat tenuous memory thingy, all those books are fresh and new each time I read them.

I've been re-reading books for decades. It's why I actually buy ones I really like. I'm not of advanced age but I'll admit the tenuous memory.
Ed Miller
'81 R65
'70 Bonneville
Falls City, OR

"Gasoline makes people stupid." -- Chuey
"I'll believe corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." Bumper sticker
Rob

Post by Rob »

Airbear wrote:

My collection went to my daughter when she requested them.

I'm so proud! :')
Rob V