Getting close!

This is for the discussion of Motorcycling. The art, the science, the theory of all things related to our favorite sport... riding motorcycles.
Zombie Master

Getting close!

Post by Zombie Master »

Any and all disclaimers may apply
Duane Ausherman

Re: Getting close!

Post by Duane Ausherman »

Zak Vetter was riding his older slower version and grabbed a bit too much power and flipped it. That broke the rear fender in half and dumped him off and onto the pavement. How much more does anyone need?
Ask the Indians what happens when you don't control immigration.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Duane Ausherman wrote:Zak Vetter was riding his older slower version and grabbed a bit too much power and flipped it. That broke the rear fender in half and dumped him off and onto the pavement. How much more does anyone need?
Yep, we need to go FURTHER, not faster.
Rob V
Steve in Golden

Post by Steve in Golden »

We need to go further, faster.

Looks like a fun machine, as long as you don't get too far from a charging station.
enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

I want one, I just don't want to pay for it.

From their web site:

140+ Mi Range / 300,000+ Mi Lifetime

The Zero DS and Zero DSR feature advanced cell chemistry and battery management systems that provide greater capacity and range. Not only does the ZF13.0 power pack enable you to go beyond 140 miles, it is also designed to last the life of the motorcycle. The result of cutting edge research and development, each cell in the power pack is individually controlled and monitored to ensure maximum health.

What do they consider the life of the motorcycle? Are my Triumph and my R65 past their life spans?
Ed Miller
'81 R65
'70 Bonneville
Falls City, OR

"Gasoline makes people stupid." -- Chuey
"I'll believe corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." Bumper sticker
Airbear
Location: Oz, lower right hand side, in a bit, just over the lumpy part.

Post by Airbear »

"140+ Mi Range"

I could ride to Wagga Wagga. And after a while I could ride home again.
Charlie
and Brunhilde - 1974 R90/6

Graduate, Wallace and Gromit School of Engineering and Design (Pending)
Major Softie

Post by Major Softie »

Airbear wrote:"140+ Mi Range"

No, you couldn't (assuming Wagga Wagga is over 100 miles away).

That 140+ mile range is in city driving. At 55 mph: 88 miles. At 70 mph: 70 miles.
They never mention that this is all obviously on fairly flat ground.

Which means I couldn't even ride from Placerville to Tahoe, because, while it's only about 61 miles, it's almost all uphill, and it's 65 and 60 mph.

On the plus side, an electric bike would be just as powerful up here at 7000 feet as it is at sea level, so I wouldn't be losing over 20% of my power like I do with an internal combustion engine.
MS - out
Rob

Post by Rob »

Major Softie wrote:
Airbear wrote:"140+ Mi Range"

No, you couldn't (assuming Wagga Wagga is over 100 miles away).

That 140+ mile range is in city driving. At 55 mph: 88 miles. At 70 mph: 70 miles.
They never mention that this is all obviously on fairly flat ground.

Which means I couldn't even ride from Placerville to Tahoe, because, while it's only about 61 miles, it's almost all uphill, and it's 65 and 60 mph.

On the plus side, an electric bike would be just as powerful up here at 7000 feet as it is at sea level, so I wouldn't be losing over 20% of my power like I do with an internal combustion engine.
Just pull a trailer of batteries.
Rob V
Bamboo812

Post by Bamboo812 »

Rob wrote:Just pull a trailer of batteries.
Sidecar with a generator...
Zombie Master

Post by Zombie Master »

Duane Ausherman wrote:Zak Vetter was riding his older slower version and grabbed a bit too much power and flipped it. That broke the rear fender in half and dumped him off and onto the pavement. How much more does anyone need?
They aren't really that powerful compared to large bore bikes these days. BMW's sport bike has three time the power. With electric, you have all the punch right off the bat, no revving required. Good thing is, power delivery is totally adjustable, You can do it with a smart phone apparently.
Any and all disclaimers may apply