Ordered one of these today

This is for the discussion of Motorcycling. The art, the science, the theory of all things related to our favorite sport... riding motorcycles.
Zombie Master

Ordered one of these today

Post by Zombie Master »

Any and all disclaimers may apply
Garnet

Re: Ordered one of these today

Post by Garnet »

Who did you order it from? I didn't see Canada or the U.S. on their dealer list.
Garnet

Zombie Master

Post by Zombie Master »

Garnet wrote:Who did you order it from? I didn't see Canada or the U.S. on their dealer list.
Not available in North America. Lazer is the oldest manufacturer of motorcycle helmets in the world. I ordered out of France. I haven't got mine yet so I won't recommend them yet.
enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

Looks nice! How much is it? You got carbon fiber, right?
Ed Miller
'81 R65
'70 Bonneville
Falls City, OR

"Gasoline makes people stupid." -- Chuey
"I'll believe corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." Bumper sticker
Zombie Master

Post by Zombie Master »

enigmaT120 wrote:Looks nice! How much is it? You got carbon fiber, right?
Yea I ordered the carbon with the carbon finish. Costing me $600. CDN. $460. USD at the moment. I may have to pay some fees at the border. Still way less expensive than a Shuberth C3Pro that weighs in @ 500 grams more! That's a lot. I ordered one of those and sent it back. Way to heavy. You can get the fiberglass version of the Lazer for a lot less, and it's the same helmet, and only weighs 1500 grams. The carbon weighs in at 1350. I've been wearing a carbon fiber full face that is very light. Makes a world of difference you can feel immediately, and even more at the end of a day of riding. But I really miss the flip up feature for many reasons. Once you ride with a really light helmet, you can't go back.
enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

What head shape are they aiming toward? I didn't see it listed.
Ed Miller
'81 R65
'70 Bonneville
Falls City, OR

"Gasoline makes people stupid." -- Chuey
"I'll believe corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." Bumper sticker
Zombie Master

Post by Zombie Master »

enigmaT120 wrote:What head shape are they aiming toward? I didn't see it listed.
LAZER:
Here is what we have :
Intermediate oval to lightly slender fit. Not a long oval, neutral to intermediate. Intermediate oval fit.

Also on Webbikeworld :

« I'd classify the Monaco as having a very neutral fit, neither too narrow nor too round »
I am taking a chance ordering this helmet, as I have no way to try one on. I fit an XL in the Shuberth C3. In a Shoei Quest I fit an XL. But that means nothing, the folks I talked to in a number of different dealers didn't seem to know that the Qwest has a different shape than other Shoei's. If the Monaco doesn't fit I have to hope I can sell it locally. The lastest version...the Evo, has a new shape with more space in front of the chin. That sounds good. In a HJC CL max I wear a XXXL. In my Kaos carbon fiber I wear a XL. In the new version of the Kaos, now called a Riot, I wear a XXL. I tried a Zeus on a while back....I was a medium. :roll:

BTW I have a new HJC CL max brand new in a box for sale I'd call it XL. Good lid, just want lighter.
dougie

Post by dougie »

Zombie Master wrote: Costing me $600. CDN. $460. USD at the moment.
Hey ZM - even your head is worth that much. :P
I've spent most of my money on women, motorcycles, and beer.
The rest of it I just wasted.
Sibbo

Post by Sibbo »

Zombie Master wrote:
Yea I ordered the carbon with the carbon finish. Costing me $600. CDN. $460. USD at the moment. I may have to pay some fees at the border. Still way less expensive than a Shuberth C3Pro that weighs in @ 500 grams more! That's a lot. I ordered one of those and sent it back. Way to heavy. You can get the fiberglass version of the Lazer for a lot less, and it's the same helmet, and only weighs 1500 grams. The carbon weighs in at 1350. I've been wearing a carbon fiber full face that is very light. Makes a world of difference you can feel immediately, and even more at the end of a day of riding. But I really miss the flip up feature for many reasons. Once you ride with a really light helmet, you can't go back.[/quote]

That's addiction! :)
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know"
The Grateful Dead
Zombie Master

Post by Zombie Master »

Sibbo wrote:
Zombie Master wrote:
Yea I ordered the carbon with the carbon finish. Costing me $600. CDN. $460. USD at the moment. I may have to pay some fees at the border. Still way less expensive than a Shuberth C3Pro that weighs in @ 500 grams more! That's a lot. I ordered one of those and sent it back. Way to heavy. You can get the fiberglass version of the Lazer for a lot less, and it's the same helmet, and only weighs 1500 grams. The carbon weighs in at 1350. I've been wearing a carbon fiber full face that is very light. Makes a world of difference you can feel immediately, and even more at the end of a day of riding. But I really miss the flip up feature for many reasons. Once you ride with a really light helmet, you can't go back.[/quote]

That's addiction! :)
I've been addicted to riding for a very long time. :|