Ordered one of these today

This is for the discussion of Motorcycling. The art, the science, the theory of all things related to our favorite sport... riding motorcycles.
Zombie Master

Re: Ordered one of these today

Post by Zombie Master »

enigmaT120 wrote:So where did you buy it and do they ship to the U.S.?
I got in touch with Lazer and they directed me to MOTOBLOUZ.COM. Everything is in French. YOu can Contact MOTOBLOUZ.COMUK but they can't ship. Also, I had to use PP to make the purchase.
Any and all disclaimers may apply
enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

http://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/?Ob ... fgodzwUKUA

I haven't tried ordering yet, but it looks easy enough. Unless they won't ship to the U.S.

Sorry if you said it and I can't find it, but what size did you get, and how does it compare to your size in an HJC? I wear a size Large in both of the HJC models I've used. Symax and the one I have now.

Thanks for volunteering to be the guinea pig.

Any time I find a helmet I like, I try to stock up on spare visors as they never last as long as I'm willing to keep a helmet.
Ed Miller
'81 R65
'70 Bonneville
Falls City, OR

"Gasoline makes people stupid." -- Chuey
"I'll believe corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." Bumper sticker
Zombie Master

Post by Zombie Master »

enigmaT120 wrote:http://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/?Ob ... fgodzwUKUA

I haven't tried ordering yet, but it looks easy enough. Unless they won't ship to the U.S.

Sorry if you said it and I can't find it, but what size did you get, and how does it compare to your size in an HJC? I wear a size Large in both of the HJC models I've used. Symax and the one I have now.

Thanks for volunteering to be the guinea pig.

Any time I find a helmet I like, I try to stock up on spare visors as they never last as long as I'm willing to keep a helmet.
Helmet size is.....hard to nail. I wore a XXXL in the HJC CLmax. I fit an XL in a Shuberth C3 and also in a Shoei Quest.

I ordered the Lazer in an XL and it's a bit tight, but only a bit in the cheeks, I think it will be perfect after a bit of wear. The main shell of the helmet is comfy. The HJC is quite round and the Lazer is still round but a little more of an oval.

On the face shield: The transition shield is very effective and you won't need shades, but then you don't have eye protection when the helmet is flipped up, so you might want to order a clear if you like to wear shades. Just a thought.
enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

I got one from these guys:

http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/

and I have to say they have some of the best internet customer service I've ever experienced, with quick responses to my questions and lots of flexibility about changing my order and adding stuff, things like that.

I rode in it this morning for the first time (also with my new Darian jacket and pants) and I really like it. Very light, not too noisy (but remember I have the 'jammer). I generally rode with the shield up just because I like that if it's not raining, but when I was riding into the sun I lowered it so that it was like a sun visor and it had darkened enough to help. Mine is the carbon black with high viz yellow patterns. Now I just need it to rain so that I can confirm that water won't run down the inside of the visor, and that the Darian suit is indeed waterproof. I shouldn't have too long to wait. :-(
Ed Miller
'81 R65
'70 Bonneville
Falls City, OR

"I'll believe corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." Bumper sticker
Zombie Master

Post by Zombie Master »

I believe that Klim is selling the same helmet! So they are available in North America.
The Veg

Post by The Veg »

As weird as the shape of my head is, I can't take gambles like that. As is, when I needed a new helmet last year I tried on everything I could find at just about every motorbike dealer in my metro area, plus one hundreds of miles out of town during a trip. Of all the helmets on the market, I found *TWO* that fit me comfortably. One of those two is way above my budget and the other was a bit of a compromise.
Cogito Ergo Moto
----------------
"A bunch of weirdos with old motorcycles can never be boring." -Doug West
"It just wouldn't be a complete day if I didn't forget something!" -Me
Zombie Master

Post by Zombie Master »

You ride a GS1200. Money is no object!
enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

Zombie Master wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:56 am You ride a GS1200. Money is no object!
That was my first thought too.
I still like mine, but I haven't ridden in any heavy rain yet to see if it leaks down the inside of the visor like my other helmets do.

Man I love those pinlock anti-fog shields.
Ed Miller
'81 R65
'70 Bonneville
Falls City, OR

The Veg

Post by The Veg »

Zombie Master wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:56 am You ride a GS1200. Money is no object!
You must be mistaking me for somebody who rides a K1600GTLE.
Cogito Ergo Moto
----------------
"A bunch of weirdos with old motorcycles can never be boring." -Doug West
"It just wouldn't be a complete day if I didn't forget something!" -Me
Steve in Golden

Post by Steve in Golden »

I thought Veg has a R1200GS.

I have one too. Best bike I've ever owned.