Oz-Boxerworks - Spring run

This is for the discussion of Motorcycling. The art, the science, the theory of all things related to our favorite sport... riding motorcycles.
SteveD

Re: Oz-Boxerworks - Spring run

Post by SteveD »

Airbear wrote:ImageI suggest we push on with that plan and then look forward to more rides and gatherings in interesting places as the comfortable riding season progresses.

Can't argue with a spring ride AND an early summer one too!
Late September works for me.
Early December also works.
Meow, prrrr.
Cheers, Steve
Victoria, S.E.Oz.

1982 R100RSR100RS supergallery. https://boxerboy81.smugmug.com/R100RS
2006 K1200R.
1994 R1100GS.
malcom

Post by malcom »

Keep plotting, I cant make any of the dates yet suggested, but were bound to get one that's a goer.

I have a nice ride coming up this Sunday Tomakin to Bermy, with the Moruya club for fish & chip lunch, then down to Tathra over to Bega, up Brown Mt & on to Canberra.

cheers Mal (the coastal one)
ontic

Post by ontic »

Late to the party.
I will try to be in with the next ride, hopefully spring (the proposed Sept dates), and hopefully be in with the one after, during early summer. If the spring ride runs late I might get caught up with impending serious commitments, and if the summer ride run runs late I might get crossed over with with christmas holiday bookings, and if the two rides merge into one ride in the middle somewhere I am most likely screwed, so I could theoretically make it to one, to both or to nothing.

I wholeheartedly support Charlie's suggestion of 'more is betta' and that a spring AND summer ride should be planned. The year is short, the optimum riding season even shorter, and our lives are made up of far to few of these precious things.

I will post again when I check these proposed dates against my partners diary... ('it that knows all')
1974 R90/6
1981 R80G/S
ontic

Post by ontic »

Late to the party, too quick to reply.
25th/26th Sept is no good for me. It is the weekend before my partners big exhibition and there is virtually no chance of me making it then.
Nonetheless I am still in support of the 'more is betta' concept so if that is the earliest date that works with most of you then I say go for it. I will try for the next one.
Only other immovable dates this year for me should theoretically be 17th November (being daughters birthday on a pretty safe Tuesday) and the summer holiday starting 18th December or so.
1974 R90/6
1981 R80G/S
Airbear
Location: Oz, lower right hand side, in a bit, just over the lumpy part.

Post by Airbear »

Hans, that's a bugger. I'm usually pretty free of those 'life getting in the way' things but my son is getting married in mid October, so I'll probably have to make an appearance. I made it to his last wedding so maybe I'll be given a rain check for this one. Anyways, I'm open to suggestions on the Spring run(s) and may still get to Dargo on the 25th September.
Charlie
and Brunhilde - 1974 R90/6

Graduate, Wallace and Gromit School of Engineering and Design (Pending)
Mal S7

Post by Mal S7 »

I vote for both! Keep an eye on the weather, if end of Sept gets washed out we have a back-up plan.
I have a week-and-a-half of madness at work and then hope to shift down a gear,.. or two.

The big dam is at 79.8% and more rain forecast for later this week.

South Africa is turning tropical!

cheers
Mal
Airbear
Location: Oz, lower right hand side, in a bit, just over the lumpy part.

Post by Airbear »

Thanks for the map, Mal.

I never realised how close I am to Rome. I could have picked up Cardinal Pell from the Vatican and delivered him to the Royal Commission. Woulda saved all that angst.
Charlie
and Brunhilde - 1974 R90/6

Graduate, Wallace and Gromit School of Engineering and Design (Pending)
Sibbo

Post by Sibbo »

and done us all a flavor !
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know"
The Grateful Dead
DucatiPete

Post by DucatiPete »

Good effort Charlie... Herding cats will come easy after this little exercise.
Whatever is decided I'll attempt to get to... but I like the idea of the 25th coz I can take the following week off (so, more riding /camping /relaxation time).
I'm up for any chance of a ride, it's just gotta (roughly) land on a w/end that fits my ugly freakin work schedule.
(Note to self: gotta do something about all this work interrupting the important things in life.)
Pete
SteveD

Post by SteveD »

25th is good for me and my sh!teful rosters too! So Dargo it is!
Nights this week and they've been busy. At least time flies when that happens.
Cheers, Steve
Victoria, S.E.Oz.

1982 R100RSR100RS supergallery. https://boxerboy81.smugmug.com/R100RS
2006 K1200R.
1994 R1100GS.