Oz-Boxerworks - Spring run

This is for the discussion of Motorcycling. The art, the science, the theory of all things related to our favorite sport... riding motorcycles.
SteveD

Re: Oz-Boxerworks - Spring run

Post by SteveD »

ME 109 wrote:Looks like there won't be much of a fight for a tent site. Still up fer it Steve?
Sure am. Mid arvo @ Cheshunt. Grog @ Whitfield..what's at Cheshunt for last minute supplies?

Presumably we'll have a fire going?
Cheers, Steve
Victoria, S.E.Oz.

1982 R100RSR100RS supergallery. https://boxerboy81.smugmug.com/R100RS
2006 K1200R.
1994 R1100GS.
ME 109

Post by ME 109 »

Cheshunt has a take away, fush and chups, burgers etc. Also meat, small goods, fruit and veg, and the rest you'd expect to find in a country store. Grog at Whitfield.
A campfire no doubt. I can't bullshit properly without one.

Waiting for a rear tyre to arrive.......supposed to be there yesterday. Hopefully arrives today. 'Ken better be there by tomorrow!
I thought there was one trip left on the rear, but it's rooted.
Lord of the Bings
Airbear
Location: Oz, lower right hand side, in a bit, just over the lumpy part.

Post by Airbear »

Looks like there might be a quorum of 3 at this Oz BW technical seminar. Extra bullshit rations will have to be issued.
I hope that tyre arrives, Jeff. Saturday departure?
Charlie
and Brunhilde - 1974 R90/6

Graduate, Wallace and Gromit School of Engineering and Design (Pending)
ME 109

Post by ME 109 »

Yeah I s'pose saturday, Charlie. Tyre wasn't there today but is apparently in Wodonga with the couriers at least, according to Rick.

We can go the boring way down the Hume, or this way?

https://youtu.be/5Q1SthW4VAU
Lord of the Bings
Airbear

Post by Airbear »

Well, Jeff got his tyre fitted and we are off to Cheshunt this arvo.
Steve, just so you know, our camp will be easily visible as you come along Burrowes Road. See you there.
Charlie

SteveD

Post by SteveD »

Airbear wrote:Well, Jeff got his tyre fitted and we are off to Cheshunt this arvo.
Steve, just so you know, our camp will be easily visible as you come along Burrowes Road. See you there.
Bewdy. I'll probably leave midday tomorrow. Eta 1600 if I tootle via the Black Spur, avoiding the 20kms of 40kph roadworks past Yea. Current plan is to come home over Mt.Hotham and rendezvous with Grant at Bairnsdale at 1400, then home via Hwy 1.
Cheers, Steve
Victoria, S.E.Oz.

2006 K1200R.
1994 R1100GS.
SteveD

Post by SteveD »

Dam...just accidently deleted my camera pix! Grrr. :x

edit: found 'em! :roll: It was a great day for a ride.

I might've stopped to watch the polo, but didn't wanna spook the gee gees.

A nice mural on the wall of a bike shop in Alexandra.

The water was up and the boats were out on Eildon at Bonnie Doon.

My bike...loaded. I forgot to bring most of my dinner..some excellent fresh pork cutlets! :roll:

The campsite. Excellent spot. Only two others in the distant van were there.
The Aldi camping chair weighted to 135kg lasted 5 minutes before one of the supports split. That was without 135kgs on it too! Some mole grip McGuyvering courtesy of Charlie and some careful posturing saw it survive the rest of the night.
Jeff was the self proclaimed messy camper! ;)

Looking to the right from the above picture, downstream..to see Jeff trying to catch dinner.

Heading home Sunday...i went the dirt route initially to Myrtleford which took about 50 minutes. I hit one particular pothole that potentially could have been a disaster for the rear wheel as it seemed to take the edge badly, but all was good.
As I left the camp and tooted my goodbye from the road above, within 50 metres a dark wallaby hopped out in front of me...just enough to cause a thumping tachycardia but all was ok! I encountered some bunnies and a wombat that appeared to be sunning his belly in the middle of the road. He didn't flinch, so I figured the sun had ripened him to death! ;)
Lake Buffalo..

The plan was to meet Grant at Lakes Entrance on the south side of the Great Divide and I had to ride over the mountain to get there. Unfortunately there was a bicycle race to the summit and the going was slow. I managed to paSS THE PELETON IN hARRIETVILLE ABOUT 100 METRES BEFORE THE FIRTST TURN TO HEAD UP THE HILL, ONLY TO ENCOUNTER MANY MORE RIDERS AND TWO MORE PELETONS ON THE WAY UP!..oops...

Not my picture, but you get the idea..almost at the top, just imagine loads of pushies and pedestrians..

This put me a tad behind schedule to meet Grant so I made up some time with a bit of a fang from Mt.Hotham to Omeo. After that I settled into a marvellous ride down the Alpine Road for a snag with Grant and his very hospitable cousin.

From there it was 300 plus kms to home, riding with Grant. I managed to visit my sister before dropping by Grants to inspect the K1100RS. It's in tip top shape. It started raining just enough to wash most of the dust from the bike...home after 660kms with a sore arse. Excellent riding, excellent camping ... thanks fellas.
Cheers, Steve
Victoria, S.E.Oz.

2006 K1200R.
1994 R1100GS.
grant81rs

Post by grant81rs »

Gidday Steve,

Great write up and pix mate, gee I think the ole RS could of handled a spot of polo with the tall glass crowd.
Cheers, Grant
Gippsland - Australia

1978 R100RS
1981 R100RS
1994 K1100RS
2005 R1150gsa
dougie

Post by dougie »

Steve - the RS looks great in JPS colours.
I did a Ducati Pantah in black/gold - looked terrific.
I've spent most of my money on women, motorcycles, and beer.
The rest of it I just wasted.
Airbear

Post by Airbear »

Steve, I think I know the pothole you mentioned. The dirt part of the Myrtleford Road is pleasant enough - only a few places where better suspension would be really appreciated. I had an excellent ride home via Myrtleford and Yackandandah.

Here is Brunhilde at a coffee stop at Oxley on the way there.

The campsite, before we spread all the mess around:

Jeff's RS, reclining gracefully:

And a fine example of river art, courtesy of the other campers.

It's a lovely quiet campsite. I look forward to spending more time there. Thanks Steve and Jeff - that was fun.
Charlie