Think they were Beemers...?

Need to discuss the roads, highways, streets & the laws/unwritten rules that accompany use of the public system? Wanna chat safety? Got a beef about speeding or traffic enforcement? Want to rant about lane hogs, road ragers, drunks, cell users or overall bad drivers? Take your frank discussions about riding motorcycles & driving cars on public roads here.
CVA-42

Think they were Beemers...?

Post by CVA-42 »

Two weeks ago, my wife's sister and her husband were driving up to Blowing Rock, North Carolina on Rt. 321. The stretch of road where they were when they spotted the "convoy" or whatever you want to call it is two lanes north and two lanes south. On the opposite side of the road was a large group of bikes riding two abreast in each lane. My brother-in-law doesn't know a Honda from a Harley but he does know how to count or least give a pretty good estimate. He estimated a good 100 bikes in the pack with cars, trucks, and everything else being forced to bunch up behind them in a long procession. Inconsiderate, exhibitionist, dangerous, poser idiots.
Deleted User 61

Re: Think they were Beemers...?

Post by Deleted User 61 »

To answer your question, I don't think you could find that many BMW owners willing to participate in such an act.

At least, I hope not.
The Veg

Post by The Veg »

+1 Wot Rob sed!
Cogito Ergo Moto
----------------
"A bunch of weirdos with old motorcycles can never be boring." -Doug West
"It just wouldn't be a complete day if I didn't forget something!" -Me
SteveD

Post by SteveD »

OK. I'll say it. We all know they were HOG's! Or is that "fags"? :P
Cheers, Steve
Victoria, S.E.Oz.

1982 R100RSR100RS supergallery. https://boxerboy81.smugmug.com/R100RS
2006 K1200R.
1994 R1100GS.
gspd

Post by gspd »

[quote="R65 Rob"]To answer your question, I don't think you could find that many BMW owners willing to participate in such an act.

Roadtardism is not relegated to any specific brand.
There are proportionately as many roadtards on beemers as there are on the other brands.
I've heard of beemer riders smashing into the vehicle in front of them for no apparent reason,
other than a moment of inattention.

The other day I saw a dawdling Harley steerer actually pull over on the shoulder and signal the string of vehicles following him to pass;
I was going to stop and commend him on his good road manners,
but then I saw it was just a japanese Harley clone, not a 'real' motorcycle.
Mechanic from Hell
"I remember every raging second of it...
My bike was on fire, the road was on fire, and I was on fire.
It was the best ride ever!"
Deleted User 61

Post by Deleted User 61 »

gspd wrote:
R65 Rob wrote:To answer your question, I don't think you could find that many BMW owners willing to participate in such an act.

Roadtardism is not relegated to any specific brand.
There are proportionately as many roadtards on beemers as there are on the other brands.
I've heard of beemer riders smashing into the vehicle in front of them for no apparent reason,
other than a moment of inattention.

The other day I saw a dawdling Harley steerer actually pull over on the shoulder and signal the string of vehicles following him to pass;
I was going to stop and commend him on his good road manners,
but then I saw it was just a japanese Harley clone, not a 'real' motorcycle.
melville

Post by melville »

HA HA!!!

I just got back from a week in NH. My kids asked me about why the guys on HD were helmetless (no helmet law in NH--Live Free Or Die, baby!) and NOTGNOTT (None Of The Gear None Of The Time) and LOUD and the Beemer riders we saw were ATGATT and quiet. I told them that Beemer folk were polite and considerate, looking for the best for themselves and for society in general.

Later we saw a group of HD riders coming the other way holding up a line of cages and just a minute later saw a group of Oilheads. I told the boys that was because the Beemer riders pulled over politely and let the cars through. :!: :!: :!:

Poor guys, I really felt for them, as they were just a minute or two away from either being stuck or having to pull off some chancy passes on a really nice sweeping two lane.
Call me Mel. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me at home, I thought I would ride about a little and see the other parts of the world.
Chuey

Post by Chuey »

Just last weekend, Bride of Chuey was in Truckee which is up near Lake Tahoe and she told me that when she was driving on the mountain passes, some Harley riders were holding up traffic in a big way. She asked me why. Man, I don't know. Anyway, it backs up the idea that that's what they do.

I want to know how it can be fun to go that slow in the turns.

Today, I went bicycle riding near Cook's Corner, a popular biker hangout. When I was leaving I noticed a large (not fat, just not petite) woman on a Harley and she was turning. She was old enough that I expected her to be a seasoned rider but she had to practically stop in order to make the left, which was just over 90 degrees.

Also, I saw/heard a Harley leave the lot and it had stock pipes. Rebel! There's one in every crowd. :)

Chuey
SteveD

Post by SteveD »

SteveD wrote:OK. I'll say it. We all know they were HOG's! Or is that "fags"? :P
Just to qualify my seemingly provocative post above, I was more interested in evoking the memory of the Southpark series on Harley riders. In case you missed out, here's a snippet or two.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dbykm_M2 ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoPybh5G ... re=related
Cheers, Steve
Victoria, S.E.Oz.

1982 R100RSR100RS supergallery. https://boxerboy81.smugmug.com/R100RS
2006 K1200R.
1994 R1100GS.
vanzen

owning a BMW DOES NOT make you special

Post by vanzen »

Proof of the fact that this "convoy" was H.D. riders notwithstanding –
much of the convoluted thinking expressed in the above posts still cannot be justified.
Nor can it be considered as anything more than egocentric and self aggrandizing bull-sh!t.
Your choice to buy a BMW WILL NOT somehow magically transform you into a more skillful rider.
Nor does owning a BMW mystically bestow upon you any extraordinary capacities
for social acceptance, safety, or survival on the road.

gspd wrote:Roadtardism is not relegated to any specific brand.
Amen, brother !