Gas prices in the good ol' USA??

Need to discuss the roads, highways, streets & the laws/unwritten rules that accompany use of the public system? Wanna chat safety? Got a beef about speeding or traffic enforcement? Want to rant about lane hogs, road ragers, drunks, cell users or overall bad drivers? Take your frank discussions about riding motorcycles & driving cars on public roads here.
Sibbo

Re: Gas prices in the good ol' USA??

Post by Sibbo »

That last one is useful ,muck in your fuel is no fun .Another might be don't buy from fuel stations that have recently flooded or may have recently flooded ,there's going to be water down there .
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know"
The Grateful Dead
Duane Ausherman

Post by Duane Ausherman »

I used to fill my Honda 50 for $.12 USD, yes, only twelve cents. However, the attendents at one gas station were friends and as a lark would allow me to drain the last bits from each of the many fuel lines and get a free fill up. A couple of them would have the line ready and I would just push the bike by for the cup full of fuel and then on to the next pump. They had more than a dozen pumps and it would only take 5-6 to fill the tank. The tank only held .7 gallon.

I rode a R67/3 for real, but had purchased the Honda from a desperate kid for only $20.
Ask the Indians what happens when you don't control immigration.
Brad 77 100 7

Post by Brad 77 100 7 »

If you have a cell phone that uses "apps" load Octane by Wright Express. The range for 7.5 mi near me is 3.749 to 4.059, 7 stations the lowest was a surprise, been driving right by it, not paying attention. It was well over $4 everywhere going back an forth to CT yesterday and today.
The sooner you get behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.
enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

Bicycled today. I don't know how many calories per mile it costs me.
Ed Miller
'81 R65
'70 Bonneville
Falls City, OR

"Gasoline makes people stupid." -- Chuey
"I'll believe corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." Bumper sticker
ME 109

Post by ME 109 »

LPG recently rose 50% in one month here in Aus.
It has not returned to the price of 60.7 cpl where it stayed unchanged for a year.
No one says anything. Not the news, not the service station attendant, no-one.
Who else but the fuel industry can do that and get away with it?
There is something in common with the sellers of drugs, alcohol and fuel.
Lord of the Bings
Jeff in W.C.

Post by Jeff in W.C. »

ME 109 wrote:There is something in common with the sellers of drugs, alcohol and fuel.
Yeah, many of the buyers are addicts
Jeff in W.C.
1988 R100 RT
2018 R1200 GS
"I've got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time." Joe Strummer/Clash