Nolan N43 Trilogy helmet

Need to discuss the roads, highways, streets & the laws/unwritten rules that accompany use of the public system? Wanna chat safety? Got a beef about speeding or traffic enforcement? Want to rant about lane hogs, road ragers, drunks, cell users or overall bad drivers? Take your frank discussions about riding motorcycles & driving cars on public roads here.
BoxerTwin

Nolan N43 Trilogy helmet

Post by BoxerTwin »

Anyone have one of these helmets and have an opinion on it?
Buy land. They ain't making any more of the stuff.
Will Rogers

1977 R100/7 dressed up like a R100s
Deleted User 287

Re: Nolan N43 Trilogy helmet

Post by Deleted User 287 »

I'm of the opinion that you should post a picture & link...

http://www.revzilla.com/product/nolan-n ... ogy-helmet

16 reviews there, and that was just the 1st hit on Google.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=lls ... 7f64efb33f
BoxerTwin

Post by BoxerTwin »

It seems like a nice helmet.
I have seen those reviews and the videos on Revzilla. I'm always curious how many of the reviews are done by company employees. I know it happens in my business all the time.

so, anyone here, not affiliated with nolan, have an experience with this helmet?
Will Rogers

bbelk

Post by bbelk »

Not that particular helmet - but a 103. I got it so I could get the built in bluetooth reciever. The helmet is comfortable, but noisier by far than the Caburg it replaced. The Nolan fogs a little which the Caburg didn't. The sun visor is starting to get very hard to deploy.

The NCOM system is a little quirky. It does work, but I have replaced one battery and a microphone in two years. The battery problem was simple enough. The demands of the bluetooth radio eat the battery in about an hour. If you want to listen to music, you have to have a cord. Nobody seemed to know this when I bought it.

Caburg seemed to have left the country when I was shopping 2 years ago. I was very happy with that helmet. I will look hard for something better than the Nolan when I go shopping again.
1975 R90/6
1979 R65
Deleted User 287

Did Nolan ever start making helmets for the oval-head-shaped crowd? My last one gave me terrible headaches. I switched to HJC and have been very happy.
BoxerTwin

Post by BoxerTwin »

I have a Scorpion and the Nolan supposedly is similar in shape to it. I think it's more oval....maybe?
Will Rogers

ME 109

Post by ME 109 »

justoneoftheguys wrote:Did Nolan ever start making helmets for the oval-head-shaped crowd? My last one gave me terrible headaches. I switched to HJC and have been very happy.
Did you try using an appropriately sized radiator hose clamp around your head at night?
1/2 turn each night should see results in about 2 months.
Lord of the Bings
dougie

Post by dougie »

ME 109 wrote:
justoneoftheguys wrote:Did Nolan ever start making helmets for the oval-head-shaped crowd? My last one gave me terrible headaches. I switched to HJC and have been very happy.
Did you try using an appropriately sized radiator hose clamp around your head at night?
1/2 turn each night should see results in about 2 months.
I think Rob just jams it on and peens it in place :lol:
I've spent most of my money on women, motorcycles, and beer.
The rest of it I just wasted.
Deleted User 287

Actually I tried removing some of the liner in the front. No luck - I still didn't make it to Ken's that year. :(
Jeff in W.C.

Post by Jeff in W.C. »

I tried one on when I was shopping around for a new lid. It felt as comfortable as my N100E. However, I wasn't very impressed with the removable chin bar. I didn't have a lot of confidence that the chin bar would stay in place in a collision. I never saw any test results indicating one way or another. My conclusion was based on how easily it was to remove and install.
Jeff in W.C.
1988 R100 RT
2018 R1200 GS
"I've got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time." Joe Strummer/Clash