Nolan N43 Trilogy helmet

Need to discuss the roads, highways, streets & the laws/unwritten rules that accompany use of the public system? Wanna chat safety? Got a beef about speeding or traffic enforcement? Want to rant about lane hogs, road ragers, drunks, cell users or overall bad drivers? Take your frank discussions about riding motorcycles & driving cars on public roads here.
Deleted User 287

Re: Nolan N43 Trilogy helmet

Post by Deleted User 287 »

Jeff in W.C. wrote:I tried one on when I was shopping around for a new lid. It felt as comfortable as my N100E. However, I wasn't very impressed with the removable chin bar. I didn't have a lot of confidence that the chin bar would stay in place in a collision. I never saw any test results indicating one way or another. My conclusion was based on how easily it was to remove and install.
So it is not a modular, in that the chin bar pivots up? It is just removable? If that is the case, a big no thank you.

I do like my pivoting chin bar, for wearing glasses, but my latest HJC isn't very impressive in that department. I still have to fiddle with my glasses. I wish I could walk into a BMW dealer and try on a Schuberth. Well, hush my mouth! They are available in the U.S. again! But it appears I have to travel to Louisville to try one. Then I have to come up with $700... :roll:
Sibbo

Post by Sibbo »

I asked the same question on ADV a while ago ,I was after quiet helmet .Most users said it was noisy .

So I bought my Shoei instead and it's great !
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know"
The Grateful Dead
bbelk

Post by bbelk »

justoneoftheguys wrote:Actually I tried removing some of the liner in the front.
That sounds like a very bad idea Rob. Your skull was put there for a reason and removing some of it could be very dangerous as you could slip and lobotomize yourself.

1975 R90/6
1979 R65
BoxerTwin

Post by BoxerTwin »

I got the Nolan N43 helmet and took a ride today.
The helmet is made well. It is a lot lighter than the Scorpion 400 I have.
The fit is a little awkward but it's new. I forget how my Scorpion fit when I got it. I remember it not being really comfortable.
The chin bar locking and removal system seems solid. The chin bar is a tad close. I'd rather it give about another 1/2" clearance from my chin.
The foam is quite thinner than that in my Scorpion.
It is noisy. For rides more than just around town on errands, I would need ear plugs.
It doesn't buffet at speed anywhere near as much as the Scorpion does.
The width of view is great. It gives you an unobstructed view as wide as you can see. Very nice for driving in town, you can see cars sneaking up on you on the side.
The inner visor drops down nice, some complain that it doesn't go far enough but it worked really well for me riding face into the sun this evening.
It has nice air flow when moving but when sitting still, the huge face shield feels like the inside of a terrarium. The shield only goes from closed to full open. I have seen someone who figured out how to modify it to have notches to allow partial openings.
I like it for driving around town. The weight is a huge factor for me as my neck doesn't do well due to an accident I had about 18 years ago. I can only ride for about an hour without my neck hurting.
It doesn't have the protection of a true full face but provides more than a 3/4 or 1/2 helmet for sure.
Buy land. They ain't making any more of the stuff.
Will Rogers

1977 R100/7 dressed up like a R100s