cpap machines

Need to discuss the roads, highways, streets & the laws/unwritten rules that accompany use of the public system? Wanna chat safety? Got a beef about speeding or traffic enforcement? Want to rant about lane hogs, road ragers, drunks, cell users or overall bad drivers? Take your frank discussions about riding motorcycles & driving cars on public roads here.
Jean

Re: 12 V. cpap machines

Post by Jean »

There is an Airhead I talked with at the Boone, NC Rally this month who had a CPAP machine that ran on 12 volts. He plugged it into his R100RT battery for the night. I think the bike was one of the early 80's RT's...
Anyhow the machine was quite low current drain, and the bike started quickly in the morning.
Keep in mind the R100's can hold a respectable-sized battery. (Mine is a 425 CCA Lawn mower battery. THAT will run a lot of equipment for a while)
Clemson, SC
R100s, R75/5
wookie

Re: cpap machines

Post by wookie »

Many State Parks have sites with electrical hookups. A possibility if all you possess is a 120v system. Also consider RV parks.

While a shot of Old Grandad sounds attractive, not using one's CPAP is a recipe for health problems due to oxygen deprivation.
The Veg

Re: cpap machines

Post by The Veg »

These machines are becoming more and more prevalent among US BMW riders. At the BMWMOA International Rally, the guys requesting camping with electrical hookup is growing every year and is currently a significant percentage.

Tires? no. But they will do the majority of the job for air-mattresses, as the hose from the machine happens to be about the right size for the larger inflation-bungholes on lots of modern mattresses.
Cogito Ergo Moto
----------------
"A bunch of weirdos with old motorcycles can never be boring." -Doug West
"It just wouldn't be a complete day if I didn't forget something!" -Me