Really Small Camper

Need to discuss the roads, highways, streets & the laws/unwritten rules that accompany use of the public system? Wanna chat safety? Got a beef about speeding or traffic enforcement? Want to rant about lane hogs, road ragers, drunks, cell users or overall bad drivers? Take your frank discussions about riding motorcycles & driving cars on public roads here.
Major Softie

Re: Really Small Camper

Post by Major Softie »

Chuey wrote:If you take out the back seat and the passenger seat of a VW bug, you can sleep just as well in that. And.....it is a real vehicle.
Chuey
What, are you kidding? that would have no sink!
MS - out
Chuey

Re: Really Small Camper

Post by Chuey »

Major Softie wrote: What, are you kidding? that would have no sink!
Sink? Sink? You want sink, drive it to quicksand. You'll find your sink right there.

Chuey
Chuey

Re: Speed ain't everything!

Post by Chuey »

justoneoftheguys wrote: (coming to Chuey's neighborhood, soon!)
About three years ago, a guy came to the shop in a camper bicycle. "On" a camper bicycle? Anyway, he was a black guy, very Rastafarian in appearance and persona. He most likely had some kind of brain damage. I say that because of his speech - very hard to get what he was saying - and he talked to himself when talking to me. He seemed very nice but a little standoffish.

Outside, he had parked his camper. It took up a whole parking space in length but had only two wheels. One of the wheels was, (IIRC). a space saver spare or trailer wheel and the other may have been a motorcycle or moped wheel with bicycle drivetrain gears adapted. He sat on the front section. It was a fairly high perch, very upright. On the back half was his camper. He showed me the inside. It was immaculately tidy. It was made of insulation foam with a foil backing as I recall. I remember it being shaped like an A-frame, situated front to back, in line with the wheels.

As he left, I had to watch. He pulled out, into the street, incredibly low gears allowed him to do so very slowly. He sat, waiting in the left turn lane, ready to pull out onto the Coast Highway and head North. When he got the green arrow, he took off at somewhere near a walking pace and rode away. That was one day I was sorry to not have a camera at the ready.

Chuey