Richmond, VA airheads?

Need to discuss the roads, highways, streets & the laws/unwritten rules that accompany use of the public system? Wanna chat safety? Got a beef about speeding or traffic enforcement? Want to rant about lane hogs, road ragers, drunks, cell users or overall bad drivers? Take your frank discussions about riding motorcycles & driving cars on public roads here.
deersemaj

Richmond, VA airheads?

Post by deersemaj »

I must see dozens around the city, anyone out there? I've been to/by the Richmond Riders Club; mine was the only airhead there that day, and the only one I've seen at their meetings. If there are any on the board, I wouldn't mind flash mobbing a local bar and admiring bikes one day, increasing the airhead presence at the club meetings, tech days, etc.
James
'94 R100R
Norm T R100T R1150RT

Re: Richmond, VA airheads?

Post by Norm T R100T R1150RT »

I'm in Southern MD - do a lot of ridin east, north and west of Richmond - done with ridin in cities - (Panhead days of bar-hoppin) - some great roads/rides off the beaten track - I look for unpainted forest n farm roads (unpainted = no center lines) loads of lightly traveled roads around Fort A P Hill - try "Perimeter Road" sometime - lots of twists and turns and wildlife - another of my ploys is to explore any road with single lane, weight rated bridges - usually wooden and great spots to take a "beverage" break and enjoy the silence - Happy Trails
Norm Taylor
1980 R100T Airhead
2002 R1150RT Oilhead
1950 HD Panhead
Southern Maryland, USA
2003 K1200 GT
Norm T R100T R1150RT

Re: Richmond, VA airheads?

Post by Norm T R100T R1150RT »

Met a guy in a gas station near Dahlgren who suggested I check out another forum for local riders - worth a look -
http://www.bmwbmw.org/forums/
Norm Taylor
1980 R100T Airhead
2002 R1150RT Oilhead
1950 HD Panhead
Southern Maryland, USA
2003 K1200 GT