Motorcycles in the HOV Lane?

Need to discuss the roads, highways, streets & the laws/unwritten rules that accompany use of the public system? Wanna chat safety? Got a beef about speeding or traffic enforcement? Want to rant about lane hogs, road ragers, drunks, cell users or overall bad drivers? Take your frank discussions about riding motorcycles & driving cars on public roads here.
Gibson

Re: Motorcycles in the HOV Lane?

Post by Gibson »

I once was ticketed for "unsafe start" (RD 400 days). It was thrown out by the judge. Cop did show up. It is nice to beat an unfair ticket fair and square, but it rarely happens that way...
gocytocis

Re: Motorcycles in the HOV Lane?

Post by gocytocis »

Gibson wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:14 am On Long Island, HOV lane, Motorcycles OK.
Yes, true, and that's also pretty much true in most jurisdictions, just not where I live.

My defense (if I'd had my chance to tell the judge) was going to assert that the diamond symbol is essentially universally understood (throughout North America anyway) to include motorcycles, so if a particular locale chooses a different definition, it's incumbent to be more explicit about the anomaly.

Anyway, now that I'm back on a bike with a bit more regularity, perhaps I'll get another chance in court one day... :D
'72 R75/5