Your Phone Can Tell You How Impaired You Are

Need to discuss the roads, highways, streets & the laws/unwritten rules that accompany use of the public system? Wanna chat safety? Got a beef about speeding or traffic enforcement? Want to rant about lane hogs, road ragers, drunks, cell users or overall bad drivers? Take your frank discussions about riding motorcycles & driving cars on public roads here.
Deleted User 287

Your Phone Can Tell You How Impaired You Are

Post by Deleted User 287 »

http://www.walkordrive.com/

An App to Measure Impairment

Walk or Drive helps responsible people quickly, privately and accurately determine their impairment level prior to driving. Walk or Drive can help individuals assess their performance regardless of the cause, including marijuana, alcohol, medication, illness or fatigue.

I was alerted to it through the NORML e-mailing I receive:

CheckPlusBalance iPhone impairment-measuring app. We still help you decide whether or not to drive based upon objective evidence-based testing. Although sensitive to marijuana, it is sensitive generally to any impairing influence. We measure memory, balance, time perception, and reaction time, and compare it to your personal baseline. NORML's Deputy Director Paul Armentano helped with the development of the testing.

The app on iTunes is still called checkplusbalance, and the links from the websites all point there. We will be submitting Walk or Drive with substantial enhancements in the very near future! The current free version works fine, and shortly, Walk or Drive 1.0 will be better, and still free. Try the free download now. I believe you'll be impressed. We remain open to input.

WalkorDrive (checkplusbalance if you search the iTunes store) remains a free app at this time. The link is at http://www.walkordrive.com. The free download link is right at the top of the page.

I am thrilled to say that we are working with National NORML and hope to have a NORML version of this app available quite soon. We are all looking forward to Walk or Drive 2.0 N and in the meantime, check out what is already a truly useful app. NORML can lead the way to responsible driving. This is a great opportunity for all of us.

Lenny Frieling, Colorado NORML