What I Did On My Summer Vacation - Road America & Grattan

If its a BMW racer you wanna talk about, we want see & hear about it RIGHT here!
StanOBMW

What I Did On My Summer Vacation - Road America & Grattan

Post by StanOBMW »

Just got home coupla hours ago.

My summer racing adventure: 2 weeks, 2,900 miles in the van, 8 states, 2 different race tracks and 7 races. Results: three 5ths, two 4ths, one 2nd and one 1st.

Now leading my class in national points, woohoo! But will be VERY tough to keep the lead through our season finales at Barber and Daytona (in back-to-back October weekends).

Here's some PICS about the whole trip, will try to get some more track pics and on-board video edited and posted by the end of the week.

A quick track recap:

Road America is LOOOOONG. One lap is FOUR miles, with 3 long straightaways separated by pretty tight turns. More of a "horsepower and brakes" track.

Grattan Raceway surprised me. It's a little gem of a track that is VERY technical. If Jennings is a 7 on the technical scale, Grattan is a 9.5. Just put it this way: 11 turns, and 7 of them are blind. Not a flat turn in the place. Has a long straightaway, off-camber turns, a long "bowl" turn (with maybe 20-25 degrees of banking), a set of Esses and a hairpin. A real rider's track - actually enjoyed it more than Road America.

Oh, and the weather: was COLD and rainy all weekend at RA - highs in the 60s and lows in the 40s. In June! Brrrr. Was great at Grattan - chilly at night and sunny and warm during the day.
Deleted User 62

Re: What I Did On My Summer Vacation - Road America & Gratta

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Way to go, Stan! Can't wait for the videos...