Barber racing videos!

If its a BMW racer you wanna talk about, we want see & hear about it RIGHT here!
StanOBMW

Barber racing videos!

Post by StanOBMW »

A quick recap: Finished 7th on Saturday in BEARS, my main class on Saturday, and 5th on Sunday.

Both days for the Airhead Invitational, I had battery issues, couldn't get my bike started, and had to take the green flag AFTER the second wave had gone by. Rats!

Still, had a GREAT time (thanks, Greg!), was good to see some of you out at the track. For those that have never been, you're missing out on what I think is truly the finest motorcycle event in North America!

Will have LOTS more videos coming, here's a couple to get started.

I had a short first practice session Friday morning. Here's why.

Barber Saturday Race 9: TransAtlantic Challenge, BEARS & Production Heavyweight.
Garnet

Re: Barber racing videos!

Post by Garnet »

Great Race!!!!!!!!!!!11 8-)
Garnet

StanOBMW

Post by StanOBMW »

Okay, have had to repost Saturday's Race 9 a couple of different times now because of labeling issues (Thruxtons, BEARS, Production Heavyweight).
This is the final version (I hope).

Also, here is Race 10 from Sunday (Vintage Superbike Heavyweight, Airheads, Sound of Singles 1 and Sportsman 500).

I edited these two races first, because only one camera was working for each race. Saturday's Race 10 and Sunday's Race 9 had both front and rear cameras rolling, and I still haven't figured out how to merge the two views into one video. Will be cool when I do.
dwerbil

Post by dwerbil »

Thanks for posting, Stan! Do you have some jpegs of your bike you could post?

Click for pics
04 R1150RT ~ 78 R100/7 ~ 84 RS ~ 93 K1100RS ~ 65 R60/2
Randy in Round Rock
Armaguidon13

Post by Armaguidon13 »

Nice video thanks
Chuey

Post by Chuey »

dwerbil wrote:Thanks for posting, Stan! Do you have some jpegs of your bike you could post?
Jpegs? I think he uses rear sets. :)

Chuey
Chuey

Post by Chuey »

Stan, I don't know much about the racing formats. Are there more than one class out on the track at once? Are there any races where you race against other airheads?

Cool videos, Thanks.

Chuey
StanOBMW

Post by StanOBMW »

Chuey:

AHRMA has 30+ classes and usually runs 10-13 races per event day - that means several classes are on the track at the same time (generally grouped by speed).

Popular classes for Airheads included Sportsman 750, BEARS (pushrod twins to 750cc, my class) and Historic Production (entry-level class with limited mods).

At the Barber Vintage Festival, we also run the Airhead Invitational - a class for any race-prepped Airhead. Cool!

Attached is a few pages from the Racing Program from Barber that I put together (I'm also the AHRMA roadrace pointskeeper). It has some good info on the classes, race order and other stuff.

For more info, check out this. A link to download the AHRMA Handbook is about halfway down the page. Section 10 (page 36) has all the info on roadracing classes.

Hope this helps!
Attachments
Barber RR Program 2010 v6-4.jpg
Barber RR Program 2010 v6-4.jpg (255.51 KiB) Viewed 6859 times
Barber RR Program 2010 v6-3.jpg
Barber RR Program 2010 v6-3.jpg (233.28 KiB) Viewed 6859 times
Barber RR Program 2010 v6-2.jpg
Barber RR Program 2010 v6-2.jpg (210.58 KiB) Viewed 6859 times
StanOBMW

Post by StanOBMW »

A few more pics from Barber here.