More Power for My New Airhead Hack: Please advise.

Got a sidecar rig and/or ride 3 to be free? Wanna talk about it? Here's your home.
AceCafeRat

More Power for My New Airhead Hack: Please advise.

Post by AceCafeRat »

Greetings Fellow Hackers,

In a few short days I will take delivery on my long-awaited Airhead Hack. It is based on a 1984 "GS'd out" R80ST and a tricked-out M72 Sidecar from Dauntless Sidecars, with an oil cooler, leading-link fork, new monoshock, second front disc brake and a 15" car-rear-tire conversion, and R75/x FD added by Neff Engineering. In addition to the GS tank, seat and luggage rack the previous owner installed he also put 1000cc nik. cylinders on the bike and was able to run

I have owned a Perry Bushong built R100/7-based Airhead hack since 2008 so I know I will want more power for this new rig. This is primarily to avoid becoming a hood ornament on the stretches of Interstates I cannot avoid to reach the fun/unpaved roads in The Four Corners states. I have been researching power mods for Airheads online (including here and in ADV Rider) and have been very impressed @ the expertise of the Airhead Community here.

So I am wondering performance mods are the way to go. Probably dual-plug heads, larger valves, larger carbs and a less restrictive exhaust? What about Siebenrocks 1070cc kit?

Your words of counsel will be much appreciated.

Ace Cafe Rat

Hoban "Wash" Washburne - Firefly & Serenity
Deleted User 287

Re: More Power for My New Airhead Hack: Please advise.

Post by Deleted User 287 »

Congratulations on your new purchase! And welcome to Boxerworks forum!

I have nothing constructive to add to your query. All I have is envy! :mrgreen: