GS Challenge anyone?

Ride your BMW off the perceived safety of tarmac? Let the verbal/written adventure begin...
Matt

GS Challenge anyone?

Post by Matt »

A few years ago I got a sweet old R100GS bumblebee with the intended purpose of entering the GS Challenge with the hopes of being picked for the U.S. GS Trophy team. Making the team is a pretty tall order but finding out where I stack up next to all the Challenge entrants is what I'm really curious about.
Currently my GS is "stock" with the exception of being shod with Dunlop D606 tires. Those are full dirt bike knobby tires... Kind of terrible street tires but just super once you leave tarmac.
I've come to realize that the GS, especially the Airhead version of the GS is quite possibly the best all around motorcycle ever conceived. It pretty much created and then perfected the "adventure" motorcycle category... Anyone else agree?
Anyone planning to enter the GS Challenge this year? Anyone done it or made the Trophy team? KMOW of anyone who did it on an Airhead? Compared to the other GS models in the BMW lineup I feel the Airhead Paralever GS is the most capable one off-road of the bunch. HP2's don't count...
Once I get my ducks in a row I'll start posting about my preparations for the challenge this year...
M
Matt Richards
BOXERWORKS
matt@boxerworks.com
Matt

Re: GS Challenge anyone?

Post by Matt »

And I'd post a pic of my bumblebee but I'll have to relearn how to do it the old fashioned way :lol:
Matt Richards
BOXERWORKS
matt@boxerworks.com
Rob

Re: GS Challenge anyone?

Post by Rob »

Matt wrote:And I'd post a pic of my bumblebee but I'll have to relearn how to do it the old fashioned way :lol:
Airbear wrote:Welcome aboard, Porge Matt. ;) To post pics on this forum you need to have an account with a photo sharing mob such as Smugmug, Flickr, PictureTrail, etc. Google "Free image hosting", select one and follow instructions for posting the code to forums. Shout if you need help.
Edited for relevance.

Thanks, Charlie!
Rob V