2008 BMW R1200R for sale - $8900 (Sold)

Whole motorcycles running or otherwise ONLY.
please make sure you read and understand the rules before posting.
Steve in Golden

2008 BMW R1200R for sale - $8900 (Sold)

Post by Steve in Golden »

2008 BMW R1200R with anti-lock braking, approx 15,800 miles, in great condition. 1170 CC 2 cylinder air/oil cooled engine, 109 HP, 6 speed transmission. It has a carbon-fiber Remus Hexacone muffler which is lighter than the stock muffler, and makes it sound very good. Not too quiet, not too loud, but just right. It runs fabulous and pulls like a freight train, yet gets 50 MPG. The low center of gravity of the boxer engine and the advanced suspension makes for very good handling; this motorcycle is a cornering machine. With dual disc brakes on the front and single on the rear, the anti-lock brakes are outstanding. Yet there's hardly any brake dive due to the telelever front end.

The Michelin Pilot Road 2 tires have about 7.4K miles on them. The back tire is still in good shape, but the front tire will need to be replaced soon. I've owned it for about a year, and have put about 8,200 miles on it. It's an awesome bike, and I really hate to sell it. It just doesn't fit me quite as well as I would like. The bike handles excellent, stops on a dime, runs extremely strong and is very reliable. It's a great all-around bike for canyon carving, commuting, running errands, or touring.

With 109 horsepower and tons of torque, the ample power is very usable all through the normal RPM range. These motors are happiest and run best over 3,000 RPM.

It has to be seen and ridden to really be appreciated.

The motorcycle features:

Carbon-fiber Remus Hexacone muffler.
BMW Motorrad Integral ABS
Automatic Stability Control (ASC)
Z-Technik V-Stream windshield.
MV Verholen Bar risers
Suburban Machinery Peg Extenders (not currently installed)
BMW System cases (hard bags) - keys match ignition.
Custom Bitchin' Stichin' seat with gel insert (shown with custom seat).
High factory seat (not shown)
Heated grips - low and high settings. These are very nice on colder mornings.
Clear lenses on turn signals.
Tire pressure monitoring system (TPM).
On board computer, calculates average MPG, miles to empty, average speed, shows ambient temperature, and other handy functions.
Ilium Works shift extender
Ilium Works brake pedal extender (not installed)

Motorcycle is owner and dealer maintained. All receipts kept, and maintenance logged in Excel spreadsheet.

The bad part: there is a small dent on the right side of the tank - it was there when I bought it. It could probably be easily repaired. It is visible in the last photo.

$8,900 / reasonable offers considered. Sorry, no trades.

If interested, PM or call Steve at 303-274-0364. Thanks for looking.

Click here for more pictures.

Here is a link to the ad I have on Denver Craigslist:

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/3839466060.html

Last bumped by Steve in Golden on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:41 am.