1988 BMW R-100RS For Sale $3,000

Whole motorcycles running or otherwise ONLY.
please make sure you read and understand the rules before posting.
Rebel

1988 BMW R-100RS For Sale $3,000

Post by Rebel »

I have a 1988 BMW R-100RS that is for sale. This is the pearl white mono-shock model with the black alloy wheels and factory saddlebags. The bike has 126,000 miles, and is far from perfect. It has its share of patina, but all in all is a nice example. I bought the bike with 117,000 miles and the entire top end had been rebuilt at that point including new intake and exhaust valves, seats, guides, pistons, wrist pins, and head gaskets. After my purchase I had some charging issues and installed a new Enduralast 460 watt brushless alternator system. Now the bike charges at idle and low rpms the way it SHOULD. I installed new fuel petcocks, and screens, new fork seals & boots, new front brake master cylinder and reservoir, rebuilt front brake calipers, and the last major expense was having Morton's BMW go through the transmission in which they replaced all bearings, installed a new shifter return spring, cut the shaft to install the circlip that should have been installed, a fresh spline lubrication, new throw out bearing on the clutch. Other work performed at Morton's BMW was a new rear main seal, new clutch pressure spring, new oil pump switch, and a physical check of the oil pump, which was all within factory specifications for pressure. As mentioned, the bike is not perfect, it does need tires and currently has an issue with the brake light circuit that I have not had time to diagnose. I am needing to finance a pole barn for our property, so just trying to raise some cash. PM me with any questions. I am located in zip code 26711 which is about 100 miles west of Washington DC. I am asking $3,000 which is less than I paid for the bike last year.
Thanks,
Image[/img]
AMA Charter Life Member
Now: 1983 Yamaha XV-920MK Midnight Virago with Factory Touring Package
Then: 1987 K-75S, 1988 R-100RS,Triumph T-140D, Harley FXDB Sturgis,Triumph Speed Triple,Triumph Bonneville, Moto Guzzi Norge, Yamaha FJR-1300, Victory Vision...
Rebel

Re: 1988 BMW R-100RS For Sale $3,000

Post by Rebel »

SOLD!!!!!
AMA Charter Life Member
Now: 1983 Yamaha XV-920MK Midnight Virago with Factory Touring Package
Then: 1987 K-75S, 1988 R-100RS,Triumph T-140D, Harley FXDB Sturgis,Triumph Speed Triple,Triumph Bonneville, Moto Guzzi Norge, Yamaha FJR-1300, Victory Vision...