1980 BMW R80/7 $2800

Whole motorcycles running or otherwise ONLY.
please make sure you read and understand the rules before posting.
Festus

1980 BMW R80/7 $2800

Post by Festus »

The good:
Recently had over $2K worth of work done by Austin Moto Works on 3/2014 including full tune up, full carb rebuild, new lifter seals, and installation of newer Nikasil plated cylinders. Runs well. Starts cold. Has Lester mags. I have owned the bike since 1993.

I installed a handle bar master cylinder (instead of under the tank) and dual front discs several years ago. Includes Krauser luggage (and keys), several tools from the tool kit, extra clutch cable, extra throttle cable, two blue coils, rear brake pads (not opened), Clymer manual and a BMW shop manual. Need to make room in the garage for a recent addition.

I have done one long cross country trip on it way back in 2001 and lately I will do an occasional short hill country ride.

The bad: Has a large cut on the seat and other imperfections. Small dent on gas tank toward the seat. Doubt I have the full tool kit. The mileage is not correct. Odometer shows 23K. Not the original odometer but the older one stopped working years ago and I bought this one used. For what it is worth the ad for the cylinders said it came off a bike with 40K on it. Will need new tires based on age.

I'm located in Austin. I'll try and add some pictures shortly. The bike is black. Asking $2800. Thanks.