Beemerbooks anyone? Update, and sorry about the pics.

this is your place to post items that don't fit into the motorcycle specific category.
please make sure you read and understand the rules before posting.
beemrmax

Beemerbooks anyone? Update, and sorry about the pics.

Post by beemrmax »

Have a bunch of very nice books, thought I'd give it a try here. I'd like to see the books go as a lot, or small lots rather than one here and there.

(Ok, I've gone back and fixed it ;-) Willing to make deals, I need to downsize this and that...

$30

R100 GS Rider's Manual, US Models. $? Someone said $90? ;-) Seriously I could not find one anywhere!

Very hard to find book in AMAZING CONDITION!!! $125

Original 2002 printing in excellent +++ condition! $50

I have TWO of these, one printed in 1996 with price in pounds inside the sleeve, Printed and Bound in Great Britain. The other from 2001, also Printed and Bound in Great Britain. Both in amazing condition, $25 each

BMW Motorcycles Gold Portfolio 1950-1971, original edition, Brooklands Books, Surrey, UK. Unbelievably amazingly COOL book, SUPER CONDITION! $25

Just the book on the right, SECOND EDITION. Great condition. $20

BMW Profiles; Motorcycles from Berlin 1969-1998. Excellent condition, very nice book! 1998 print date, $50

Also a few vintage VW manuals, somewhat related.

Robert Bentley (oldest I've seen) VW 1300/1500 Manual, 1966, 67, 68. Excellent non greasy pages, virtually a factory shop manual. Book is in OUTSTANDING CONDITION with color wiring diagrams! $50

1970 H.P Books, good condition, no missing pages. $20

Baja Buggies, HP Books, 1970! $20

1972 printing, covers 1950 to 1971. Very good read!!! Good condition with no greasy or missing pages. $25
Last edited by beemrmax on Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
dwerbil

Re: Beemerbooks anyone?

Post by dwerbil »

Beemermax's items for sale should be in the "Other things for sale" forum. Any moderater know how to move a topic into another forum? I looked into it but did see how it's down. Thanks in advance.

Click for pics
04 R1150RT ~ 78 R100/7 ~ 84 RS ~ 93 K1100RS ~ 65 R60/2
Randy in Round Rock
Deleted User 72

Post by Deleted User 72 »

Long time no read, b'max. Much as I empathize with your desire to sell lots, I am only interested in your GS Riders Manual. If you're amenable, how about PM-ing me to set it up.

R100 GS Rider's Manual, US Models. $20

PS - The old code don't work here no more, Matt fired 'em. To post your pictures, punch the "Img" button just above the text box where you type, then paste the URL between the [ img ] "HERE" [ /img ] brackets. For each image. My example has extra spaces to confuse the elves into doing my will.
ME 109

Post by ME 109 »

It's GSPD!!
Lord of the Bings
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Not wanting to rain on anyones parade, but those GS manuals go for $90 on the open market... [quote="beemrmax"]Have a bunch of very nice books, thought I'd give it a try here. I'd like to see the books go as a lot, or small lots rather than one here and there.

(truncated, since Beemrmax corrected syntax - d)
beemrmax

Post by beemrmax »

dwerbil wrote:Beemermax's items for sale should be in the "Other things for sale" forum. Any moderater know how to move a topic into another forum? I looked into it but did see how it's down. Thanks in advance.
Probably so, figured I'd get more action here... :twisted:
Chuey

Re: Beemerbooks anyone? Update, and sorry about the pics.

Post by Chuey »

Hey beemrmax, how are you doing? I heard you sold your Beemer and now ride a Harley. Still have a Saab? I figured you had turned Republican and now work for the Romney campaign. Is there any truth in that rumor? It's good to see your name here! :)

Chuey
beemrmax

Post by beemrmax »

Actually, It's a Cadillac Eldorado with the Big Horns up front, and yes Romney and I became very close. We were lovers for a while, but when he funded that Prop 8 thing in Cali, I became disillusioned and realized that he was the rare anti gay Republican who speaks with forked tongue...

;-{)
Chuey

Post by Chuey »

That's a great reply and reminds me why I miss having you here. I hope Santorum doesn't find out about you guys. He'll be really jealous! Couldn't youse guys figure out a way to include him in the fun?

Chuey
beemrmax

Post by beemrmax »

Not sure about Sanitarium, but I heard he'd suffered some spline wear due insufficient lubrication resulting from infrequent service intervals... ;-{)

Somehow the picture of Slim Pickens riding that missile seems to pop into my head evermore these days, on account of "not worrying and learning to love the bomb", in this case being O bomba... I haven't thought much of him for the last three years (he really kind of bombed, come to think of it), but he's starting to look good again, by virtue of comparison?

I realized this morning the excitement (not in the way it was portrayed in Angela's Ashes ;-[) of what will finally happen in November, if only I could hibernate till then so I don't have to hear all of the twists and turns...