Beemerbooks anyone? Update, and sorry about the pics.

this is your place to post items that don't fit into the motorcycle specific category.
please make sure you read and understand the rules before posting.
Deleted User 72

Re: Beemerbooks anyone? Update, and sorry about the pics.

Post by Deleted User 72 »

So, what about them books? You gonna sell me that GS Rider's Manual or what?
Chuey

Post by Chuey »

Yeah, Obama is owned (an insult when said about a black man, but still it is the way I see it) by the one percent. He's been appointing foxes to watch the hen house so to speak and my take on him bringing home the Iraq war machine is that it is related to the upcoming election. That, as opposed to doing what he said he'd do when he was campaigning.

Chuey
richard t

Post by richard t »

Native /5 wrote:So, what about them books? You gonna sell me that GS Rider's Manual or what?

I'd like the /6 manual
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Someone sent me a series of emails from Boxerworks saying I was "black hearted" for mentioning the going price of the GS owners manual. I was merely trying to point out that these are "unobtainium" and that Beemermax could probably get more for them. Sorry if I ruffled any feathers...
Garnet

Post by Garnet »

Tsk Tsk................

What fun is it with smooth feathers? :twisted:
Garnet

Deleted User 72

Post by Deleted User 72 »

Tim Shepherd wrote:Someone sent me a series of emails from Boxerworks saying I was "black hearted" for mentioning the going price of the GS owners manual. I was merely trying to point out that these are "unobtainium" and that Beemermax could probably get more for them. Sorry if I ruffled any feathers...
Are you the only one permitted to get a good deal off the internet?
Whose parade did you think you might be raining on? And you posted it anyway.

edit:
Did you want the book for yourself? I was not aware you had a GS.
Did you think this was ebay and you could bid it up to your perceived "fair price?"
Should I wait for your "first refusal" before I make an offer next time?

You should try some role reversal and see how you might feel after responding positively to the asked for price, then having the offer removed after an "innocent" comment.
Deleted User 62

No, nothing like that Native/5. I just was looking for one for a friend about a year ago and relating what I found. He didn't want to pay $90 either. The choice to raise the price was Beemermax decision. I've gotten some good and some not so good deals on ebay and the IBMWR. I just tell you guys about the good ones. 8-) Personally, I would put it on ebay and see what kind of crazy price it would get bid up to, but I don't sell on ebay
Last edited by Deleted User 62 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
dwerbil

Post by dwerbil »

beemrmax wrote:Have a bunch of very nice books, thought I'd give it a try here. I'd like to see the books go as a lot, or small lots rather than one here and there.

(Ok, I've gone back and fixed it ;-) Willing to make deals, I need to downsize this and that...

R100 GS Rider's Manual, US Models. $? Someone said $90? ;-) Seriously I could not find one anywhere!

Guess you didn't look too far. They're 25 bucks U.S. new at Motobins. Beemrmax, what again was the first price you posted here on your used R100GS manual? Inquiring minds want to know.

Click for pics
04 R1150RT ~ 78 R100/7 ~ 84 RS ~ 93 K1100RS ~ 65 R60/2
Randy in Round Rock
Deleted User 62

It would be interesting to know if there was a sudden spike in GS owners manuals being bought from Motobins in the last 3 hours...
Garnet

Post by Garnet »

Tim Shepherd wrote:It would be interesting to know if there was a sudden spike in GS owners manuals being bought from Motobins in the last 3 hours...
I cleaned them out. They'll be on flea bay for only $89.95 (plus shipping).
Garnet