Beemerbooks anyone? Update, and sorry about the pics.

this is your place to post items that don't fit into the motorcycle specific category.
please make sure you read and understand the rules before posting.
Deleted User 62

Re: Beemerbooks anyone? Update, and sorry about the pics.

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Garnet wrote:
Tim Shepherd wrote:It would be interesting to know if there was a sudden spike in GS owners manuals being bought from Motobins in the last 3 hours...
I cleaned them out. They'll be on flea bay for only $89.95 (plus shipping).
You da MAN! :lol:
Deleted User 72

Post by Deleted User 72 »

dwerbil wrote:
beemrmax wrote:Have a bunch of very nice books, thought I'd give it a try here. I'd like to see the books go as a lot, or small lots rather than one here and there.

(Ok, I've gone back and fixed it ;-) Willing to make deals, I need to downsize this and that...

R100 GS Rider's Manual, US Models. $? Someone said $90? ;-) Seriously I could not find one anywhere!

Guess you didn't look too far. They're 25 bucks U.S. new at Motobins. Beemrmax, what again was the first price you posted here on your used R100GS manual? Inquiring minds want to know.
Check my first post to this thread, Randy. It was copied and pasted directly from Beemermax's post BEFORE he went back and changed his price, at Tim's behest.
dwerbil

Post by dwerbil »

It starting to smell of a couple of skunks/chislers around here.
No, make that definetly so.
:lol: :roll:

Click for pics
04 R1150RT ~ 78 R100/7 ~ 84 RS ~ 93 K1100RS ~ 65 R60/2
Randy in Round Rock
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Tim Shepherd wrote:
Garnet wrote:
Tim Shepherd wrote:It would be interesting to know if there was a sudden spike in GS owners manuals being bought from Motobins in the last 3 hours...
I cleaned them out. They'll be on flea bay for only $89.95 (plus shipping).
You da MAN! :lol:
...so what's my percentage?? :P
beemrmax

Post by beemrmax »

As I found out/it was pointed out. The GSPD Rider's Manual (which is dead mint, btw) is worth more than $20. I should have known, I just could not find another for sale anywhere on the internet, period. Yes, veritable unobtanium.

I'm trying to sell these books at a "fair" price, which means fair to me, and the buyer.

I was contacted by Native/5, who told me in no uncertain terms that "If you have changed the price I am not in for anything". So, there was not even a hint of bargaining or trying to get the book. The conditions to this transactions were outlined in the email I received, not by me. And I might have been agreeable to a very fair price, especially in light of the fact that I made a mistake in the price when I posted it.
Last edited by beemrmax on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deleted User 72

Max,

You orginally posted a price of $20. Tim Shepard (bless his black little heart) chimed in to say they were going for $90 retail. If your stated price of $20 is good, I'm in for $25 Pay Pal 'ed to you immediately. If you have changed the price, you have not posted it. If you have changed the price I am not in for anything. You decide.

Regards,

Chris Martin

-----Original Message-----
To: Chris Martin
Sent: Sun, Feb 19, 2012 9:32 pm
Subject: Re: GS manual

I would except I don't know what to charge for it, or I think I changed the price. So we just need to figure that out and you can PPal me. Priority Shipping is $5 and can you do a "Gift" personal PPal, no fees.

Thx!

M

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: beemrmax
Sent: Sunday, February 19, 2012 5:09 PM
Subject: Re: GS manual

Hey, Bemermax! How goes it? I presume you are going to tell me how to pay for the GS manual?

Regards

Chris Martin aka Native /5
Rockledg, FL 32955

-----Original Message-----
To: Native /5
Sent: Sun, Feb 19, 2012 11:51 am
Subject: GS manual

Hello Native /5,

The following is an e-mail sent to you by beemrmax via your account on "b o
x e r w o r k s . c o m". If this message is spam, contains abusive or
other comments you find offensive please contact the webmaster of the board
at the following address:

forum@boxerworks.com

Include this full e-mail (particularly the headers). Please note that the
reply address to this e-mail has been set to that of beemrmax.

Message sent to you follows
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

email me at beemrmax

Thx ;-)
beemrmax

Post by beemrmax »

If you have changed the price I am not in for anything. You decide.
I changed the price.
Deleted User 72

dwerbil wrote:It starting to smell of a couple of skunks/chislers around here.
No, make that definetly so.
:lol: :roll:
I can't speak for swindlers, but on behalf of skunks everywhere, let me just say "Watch yer back, dwerbil!"
beemrmax

Post by beemrmax »

beemrmax wrote:Have a bunch of very nice books, thought I'd give it a try here. I'd like to see the books go as a lot, or small lots rather than one here and there.

(Ok, I've gone back and fixed it ;-) Willing to make deals, I need to downsize this and that...

$30

R100 GS Rider's Manual, US Models. $? Someone said $90? ;-) Seriously I could not find one anywhere!

Very hard to find book in AMAZING CONDITION!!! $125

Original 2002 printing in excellent +++ condition! $50

I have TWO of these, one printed in 1996 with price in pounds inside the sleeve, Printed and Bound in Great Britain. The other from 2001, also Printed and Bound in Great Britain. Both in amazing condition, $25 each

BMW Motorcycles Gold Portfolio 1950-1971, original edition, Brooklands Books, Surrey, UK. Unbelievably amazingly COOL book, SUPER CONDITION! $25

Just the book on the right, SECOND EDITION. Great condition. $20

BMW Profiles; Motorcycles from Berlin 1969-1998. Excellent condition, very nice book! 1998 print date, $50

Also a few vintage VW manuals, somewhat related.

Robert Bentley (oldest I've seen) VW 1300/1500 Manual, 1966, 67, 68. Excellent non greasy pages, virtually a factory shop manual. Book is in OUTSTANDING CONDITION with color wiring diagrams! $50

1970 H.P Books, good condition, no missing pages. $20

Baja Buggies, HP Books, 1970! $20

1972 printing, covers 1950 to 1971. Very good read!!! Good condition with no greasy or missing pages. $25