Rear sub frame ( FOUND ONE)

want ad's get posted here. it can be for motorcycle related stuff or not.
please make sure you read and understand the rules before posting.
2valve

Rear sub frame ( FOUND ONE)

Post by 2valve »

Im looking for a early model LWB rear subframe to suit a R90 , has the holes on the L/H side tubes for the wiring loom to go through for the tail lights and the helmet tab behind the L/H rear top shock mount , prefer one thats in good condition and straight.Thanks to all.
2valve

Re: Rear sub frame ( FOUND ONE)

Post by 2valve »

Update. Found a supposedly a good subframe for the R90 , but then it was lost somewhere never to been seen again, well atleast by me. In the end it worked out really well ,found 2 early subframes, one of them really neat ,no rust /straight /all tabs on the frame /even the seat pins looked new ( no wear marks where the seat hinges up and down )and even the paint work was ok. So it was sand blasted and two pack paint applied, looks to match to the main frame paint job which is over twenty years old , bike was rarely ridden and was tucked away in the back of the shed covered over and sitting on carpet so that may have helped rarely being in the sun etc for fading of the paint .So If anyone is after a subframe flick an email to me and i'll send some pictures/condition etc, one of the frames is an early type that has the wiring loom access holes on the L/H tube and the other is a later type , this frame was on my bike so the paint job is still pretty good.Waited weeks for new subframe bolts and other parts to arrive from X germany ordered from a local agent but in the end was informed that the O.E subframe bolts are N.L.A , in the end sourced them from Max BMW so i ordered other parts for the future maintance . Received brilliant service off this agent and so fast to receive the part 's i should have went to them in the first place but the freight bill was a little tough but i wanted/needed the O.E parts to do the job correctly the first time. When its all finished i'll post a picture of the bike if i can.
2valve

Re: Rear sub frame ( FOUND ONE)

Post by 2valve »

[quote="2valve"]Update. Found two subframes.