I have to cancel the May 2011 rally

With annual BOXERWORKS rallies on 2 continents (and counting), they deserve a dedicated forum. & if any forum member would like to host a rally you can bring it up here.
Duane Ausherman

Re: I have to cancel the May 2011 rally

Post by Duane Ausherman »

Garnet wrote:How about a west coast rally. Duane has a big yard...........and he goes to bed early.
Yeah, but Diane works late
Ask the Indians what happens when you don't control immigration.
Deleted User 61

Post by Deleted User 61 »

Duane Ausherman wrote:
Garnet wrote:How about a west coast rally. Duane has a big yard...........and he goes to bed early.
Yeah, but Diane works late
Hell! She would be the life of the party! :lol:
Ken in Oklahoma

Post by Ken in Oklahoma »

R65 Rob wrote:Surely you won't be under the flight-path???
No, it's alongside the runway. My sister and brother-in-law live on the same street a couple blocks away and I've spent a lot of time there. There is some occasional noise and light aircraft fly over, but it's not bad by any means. The half century old development where I'll be living has only one street entering it and the neighborhood has a relaxed "feel" about it.

Living close to my sister and brother-in-law was part of the attraction. We are close. Long ago in a galaxy far away I was his best man when he married my sister.

And don't call me surely. (Sorry, couldn't resist the straight line.)

Ken

Just a thought...

Post by bbelk »

I am sorry to hear you won’t be having the rally this year – it is a fixture on my calendar.

I have from time to time thought it would be nice to host a rally here in Austin, but I have no desire to compete with the Oklahoma rally.

As a onetime alternative to Ken’s spring rally, would there be any interest in having the May rally in Austin Texas?

We have good riding around here (Fredericksburg, Luchanbach, a bunch of lakes, etc.) and I have the facilities and space to host (covered deck, shop, indoor and outdoor showers and room for several RVs and lots of tents).
1975 R90/6
1979 R65
Duane Ausherman

Post by Duane Ausherman »

Ken, now, in addition to keeping a list of churches that I won't attend, I must also now keep a list of rallys that I won't attend.

This is getting to be too much.............
Ask the Indians what happens when you don't control immigration.
Ken in Oklahoma

Re: Just a thought...

Post by Ken in Oklahoma »

bbelk wrote:I am sorry to hear you won’t be having the rally this year – it is a fixture on my calendar.

As a onetime alternative to Ken’s spring rally, would there be any interest in having the May rally in Austin Texas?

We have good riding around here (Fredericksburg, Luchanbach, a bunch of lakes, etc.) and I have the facilities and space to host (covered deck, shop, indoor and outdoor showers and room for several RVs and lots of tents).

Wow, that sounds pretty cool Brad.

If the rally develops, and if you would like, I can send you the official rally flag to fly. I don't regard it as mine, only mine to safeguard.

I've never ridden the hill country. I have seen pics taken by you, Randy, and/or Veg. Too bad I won't be available.

Ken

Re: Just a thought...

Post by bbelk »

Ken in Oklahoma wrote: Wow, that sounds pretty cool Brad.

If the rally develops, and if you would like, I can send you the official rally flag to fly. I don't regard it as mine, only mine to safeguard.

I've never ridden the hill country. I have seen pics taken by you, Randy, and/or Veg. Too bad I won't be available.

Ken
If this happens, you bet I would fly the flag and return it to its HOME at the conclusion. We also have an airport in this little town and I have an R90 with a big ass windshield just like you like. Its got your name on it!
1975 R90/6
1979 R65
Joan

Post by Joan »

Well DANG. I thought I had a chance of making the May rally this year since I finally FINALLY buried the 21 year old cat last fall...

But Ken, your new Boise place would be like totally bitchin for a rally! TOTALLY!

There is enough room out back for everyone, beer o mat within stumbling distance, 10 minute ride to eleven different grocery stores, restaurants, pizza delivery (happy shiver), and the big bonus: A PAVED DRIVEWAY!! :mrgreen:

I am SO building an outdoor kitchen in yer backyard, Mister!!

XOXOXOX
Joan
bbelk

Post by bbelk »

Joan wrote:Well DANG. I thought I had a chance of making the May rally this year ...........

outdoor kitchen in yer backyard..........
You would get a room with a roof, and I have a kitchen in the backyard that just needs someone with your tallents. There is also an R65 with your name it it.

Brad
1975 R90/6
1979 R65
Joan

Post by Joan »

bbelk wrote:
Joan wrote:Well DANG. I thought I had a chance of making the May rally this year ...........

outdoor kitchen in yer backyard..........
You would get a room with a roof, and I have a kitchen in the backyard that just needs someone with your tallents. There is also an R65 with your name it it.

Brad
LOL! Brad, you sure know what girls like! Now, if you could just get Ken and all the other likely suspects there... ;)