I have to cancel the May 2011 rally

With annual BOXERWORKS rallies on 2 continents (and counting), they deserve a dedicated forum. & if any forum member would like to host a rally you can bring it up here.
dwire

Re: Just a thought...

Post by dwire »

bbelk wrote:I am sorry to hear you won’t be having the rally this year – it is a fixture on my calendar.

I have from time to time thought it would be nice to host a rally here in Austin, but I have no desire to compete with the Oklahoma rally.

As a onetime alternative to Ken’s spring rally, would there be any interest in having the May rally in Austin Texas?

We have good riding around here (Fredericksburg, Luchanbach, a bunch of lakes, etc.) and I have the facilities and space to host (covered deck, shop, indoor and outdoor showers and room for several RVs and lots of tents).

Wow, that sounds nice... (Austin)

Sorry Ken about this year, but we can look forward to when it is in the cards for you to have one again; I'll cross it off of my calendar... As for Austin... Hmmm, I could make that a business/pleasure thing! Let me know...
1971 R75/5 (SWB)
If you're going to hire MACHETE to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!
richard t

Post by richard t »

bbelk wrote:I am sorry to hear you won’t be having the rally this year – it is a fixture on my calendar.

I have from time to time thought it would be nice to host a rally here in Austin, but I have no desire to compete with the Oklahoma rally.

As a onetime alternative to Ken’s spring rally, would there be any interest in having the May rally in Austin Texas?

We have good riding around here (Fredericksburg, Luchanbach, a bunch of lakes, etc.) and I have the facilities and space to host (covered deck, shop, indoor and outdoor showers and room for several RVs and lots of tents).
sounds like a plan to me! I don't think there is any paper out on me in TX
bbelk

Post by bbelk »

richard t wrote:sounds like a plan to me! I don't think there is any paper out on me in TX
May is wide open for me - so pick a date! So far its gonna be a small party, but you are welcome anytime. Perhaps a few more folks may chime in and we can have a real gathering.

I try and drum up some support.
1975 R90/6
1979 R65
The Veg

Re: I have to cancel the May 2011 rally

Post by The Veg »

Just now catching up on this...Wow ken, sounds like your place in ID will be pretty cool! BTW BMW MOA Prez Greg Feeler lives in Boise.

I haven't been to Brad's place but I can vouch for Austin- one heluva town! How can you not love a place that has a public campaign to keep it weird?

Here's some of the local flavour:

Austin weirdness
Cogito Ergo Moto
----------------
"A bunch of weirdos with old motorcycles can never be boring." -Doug West
"It just wouldn't be a complete day if I didn't forget something!" -Me
Ken in Oklahoma

Post by Ken in Oklahoma »

The Veg wrote:Just now catching up on this...Wow ken, sounds like your place in ID will be pretty cool! BTW BMW MOA Prez Greg Feeler lives in Boise.

Hmmm, maybe I need to consider becoming active in the BMWMOA.

There's a vintage cycling club here in Boise which I'm particularly interested in checking out. I'm guessing they will focused on vintage Brit bikes and Harleys, which will be OK with me.

The local BMW, Triumph, Ducati shoppe, Big Twin Cycles, is airhead friendly and may still work on airheads (if they still have their airhead mechanic). And they're just over a mile away from my new house.

Ken

Post by davidaid »

Ken in Oklahoma wrote:
The local BMW, Triumph, Ducati shoppe, Big Twin Cycles, is airhead friendly and may still work on airheads (if they still have their airhead mechanic). And they're just over a mile away from my new house.
I'm not positive, but I believe Larry still works there that is their airhead "guy." Fred doesn't work on them, but I'm pretty sure he knows as much as anyone.

I think they dropped Triumph. I plan on going in here soon for some stuff and asking about that.
David
Idaho, USA
1975 R 75/6
2008 F800ST (for sale)