Boxerworks Forum rally--Location moved down the road

With annual BOXERWORKS rallies on 2 continents (and counting), they deserve a dedicated forum. & if any forum member would like to host a rally you can bring it up here.
richard t

Re: Boxerworks Forum rally--Location moved down the road

Post by richard t »

Current plan is to ride the K75 down Friday morning. if all goes as planned.
dwerbil

Post by dwerbil »

Weather forecast for Mena sure looks good! It pains me not to make this one. Everyone have a safe ride.

Click for pics
04 R1150RT ~ 78 R100/7 ~ 84 RS ~ 93 K1100RS ~ 65 R60/2
Randy in Round Rock
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Just dropped the 'k' off at shop to get the oil sight glass replaced, will be on the black 'S' type airhead Thurs and Fri. I'm not a very good "Ringmaster Ned" type, but, will leave a note on picnic table w/ coffee pot telling who made it so far, where we are and about when we'll be back.

If I'm out and about [no pot of gold at end of 30" rainbow, lol] I'll leave the door to mail box open.
Dan in Mena
'81 R100 T/S
'85 K 100 RS
bbelk

Post by bbelk »

awshucks wrote:Feel free to bring some of those red fish! Can you tell any taste diff in those and black drum? I caught both in La, got $1.50 @ # for the reds and $.035 for black drum, you can guess what we ate, lol.
The reds are a little better meat. Its firmer and darker. The blacks have a very flaky white meat which is really very good though. Probably the big difference is that given the same size fish, you probably get twice as much meat off the red.

Sure wish I was going to get up there.

Brad
1975 R90/6
1979 R65
Ron Baker

Post by Ron Baker »

Hey Dan, Joyce and I will be in sometime Thursday afternoon, between 2 and 4 I guess, depends on how much we are enjoying the ride. Planning on taking 65 to Harrison, then 412 to 23. Should be a great ride this time of year.Looking forward to meeting you guy's.
See ya then
Ron and Joyce
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Had minor rain last two days. Got the wood cut, split and stacked today. Minor glitch on mail box door signal system, I have to leave w/ friend at 8 am to pick k bike up at 9, mailman will close box, lol. I flat can't get there much before noon Thurs. Will have coffee pot and fixins there before I leave in a.m. And, I'll be on the 'K'.
Dan in Mena
'81 R100 T/S
'85 K 100 RS
moonbeamerll

Post by moonbeamerll »

Should be rolling out of Luther in the next hour or so. ETA: mid-afternoon.
Flatwins

Post by Flatwins »

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend this year. I had another commitment and was riding the fence on what event I'd be able to attend and my son wins this time. Hopefully I can make it in the spring!

Ya'll have a blast!
Steve
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, USA
Ken in Oklahoma

Post by Ken in Oklahoma »

I hope you guys have a really good time. I am so pleased that some of you are able to get together after all.

I'm doing better. It appears to have been just a bug. I had pushed my departure date from Boise until the last minute, and then when I came down with the bug I had no way of knowing if it would be bad, like it was to most of my family and myself this spring, or if it would be something not so bad. As it turns out it was not as bad as it seemed to be headed.

Had I been in Oklahoma and not feeling well I could have said, in effect, you guys know where everything is, where the stuff in the shop is, so enjoy yourselves.

Today I have been thinking about y'all a LOT! And Saturday will also be a big day. I just looked at the weather forecast for Big Cedar and it looks like it's excellent.

Enjoy!

Ken

Post by awshucks »

Update: The Bakers got here yesterd y afternoon, enjoyed their company immensely, they camped one night and headed to Dallas this a.m.

About 2 pm today, Richard T, Moonbeamer II, and the Mosses showed up. We did Chinese for supper, Mosses went to motel across from Chinese buffet and are headed back to Springfield in a.m.

That leaves the three of us to roam around Sat. Four if my kid gets his chores done by 8 a.m. Oh, and the wood I cut, split, stacked is still in place, there's a 'burn bann' on for our county, starting today.

I managed to get my 'K' and my truck at store at same time, been commuting in truck and using the K for advertisement, lol.
Left camera in truck, so only got one pic and it's the Bakers. Ron Baker has a neat trailer hitch that doesn't use a ball, but rather a "T" w/ u-joint. Probably old news to some, but, neatest thing I saw this week.

More as it happens, Ken, glad to hear you're better...........

Boy-howdy, you have some great people for friends...........
Dan in Mena
'81 R100 T/S
'85 K 100 RS