Boxerworks Forum rally--Location moved down the road

With annual BOXERWORKS rallies on 2 continents (and counting), they deserve a dedicated forum. & if any forum member would like to host a rally you can bring it up here.
moonbeamerll

Re: October Boxerworks Forum rally--CANCELLED

Post by moonbeamerll »

dwerbil wrote:
moonbeamerll wrote:You can still count me in from Friday. I will watch for further updates.
Moonbeamerll, where are you riding in from??
I live near OKC in the little burg of Luther. However, I'll really be coming from South Carolina since I have to drive a truck back on either Tue or Wed of that week. I don't expect to make the rally point (wherever it is decided) until mid morning Friday.
richard t

Re: October Boxerworks Forum rally--CANCELLED

Post by richard t »

Moonbeamerll, where are you riding in from??
I live near OKC in the little burg of Luther.

Luther might be a little burg, but it's near POPS and Seaba Station! I ride that road at least a dozen times a year.

Richard T trying to keep from getting blown away in windy Crescent Okla

(edit:fix quote-d)
moonbeamerll

REVISED RALLY

Post by moonbeamerll »

Richard T wrote:Luther might be a little burg, but it's near POPS and Seaba Station! I ride that road at least a dozen times a year.
Richard T trying to keep from getting blown away in windy Crescent Okla
It is blustery today! Are you planning on going to the revised Rally this weekend? When?

(fix quote-d)
Ron Baker

Re: Boxerworks Forum rally--CANCELLED, but could still happe

Post by Ron Baker »

We'll plan on coming to the altenate location. We're on our way to Dallas anyway so Thursday evening is in for us. Still looking forward to meeting you all. Hope your feeling better Ken. Do we need to bring food now that it's not at Kens place?
see you guys at the rally!
Ron and Joyce
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I'll provide one supper, sausages like brats, beans, potato salad. Maybe Sat evening when all that's coming are present. The store shut's it's grill off at 4:30, closes at 5. Let's face it, we won't get by as cheap as at Ken's, lol. The store has a cooking grill or two in the pavillion. The best pizza in town, also spaghetti ect is about 9 miles east of store on 270.

Mena is another 4 miles, turn right at stop sign by pizza place. The Lodge up on top of mntn at State Park has fair food, but pricey in my book, better and cheaper in town.

If we're going to use store for camp site, once you get to it, you go up 272 about a block, turn right, park by pavillion and have at it. It would be my pick. I'll have some wood there Thurs, and will cut more tomorrow, kid is home to help, lol.

Mena is about 1/4 mile wide and 4 miles long. 71 is main street thru it and most stuff is located along it. 71 has 5 stop lights. Here's some info on what's available:

Chinese: in mall across from Wal-Mart, 2nd light
Buffet: down to one besides Chinese, on right past 1st light 100' Lime Tree Inn
Steaks: Branding Iron on left between 3rd and 4th light, just before Century 21. You'll pass the 'Chopping Block' [real fancy but pricey] a few blocks before Branding Iron.

BMW friendly bike shop and 'Handy Hdwe' on left 3/4 miles before Mena. Shop has no parts or BMW trinkets, just mechanic w/ 30 yrs experience. [Metric Dan]

Atwoods; on right before 1st light, also best Mex place in same area. All the chain food places are on 71 somewhere.......

3rd light; rt to start of Talihena trail and lodge, go to lodge and look at scenery, 272 will be on your right before you get to lodge, watch it for loose gravel, esp on turn onto it. [1.5-2 miles down it to store] Also on rt, 2nd block up is Skyline Cafe, good breakfast [but store better].

Ethanol free gas: 1st station on rt before 1st light.
Dan in Mena
'81 R100 T/S
'85 K 100 RS
Ron Baker

Post by Ron Baker »

I'm familiar with Mena, used to go to CMA Rally's all the time. Thanks for the info see ya there
dwerbil

Post by dwerbil »

Hey Awshucks, I sent you a PM.

Click for pics
04 R1150RT ~ 78 R100/7 ~ 84 RS ~ 93 K1100RS ~ 65 R60/2
Randy in Round Rock
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

answered via email
Dan in Mena
'81 R100 T/S
'85 K 100 RS
dwerbil

Post by dwerbil »

awshucks wrote:answered via email
Sorry, been a few hours now, haven't received it.
backyardviews@hotmail.com

Click for pics
04 R1150RT ~ 78 R100/7 ~ 84 RS ~ 93 K1100RS ~ 65 R60/2
Randy in Round Rock
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Should be something somewhere by now. My short term memory is fried due to two bouts of bacterial meningitus, hence the awshucks user name, lol.

Sure hope some veterans from Ken's previous rallies come, would like to tag along through a look see or two of Ok. For as close as I am to it, haven't seen much of it.

Last time I did the whole Talihena Drive, I kept seeing CAUTION slow moving vehicles Ahead signs. I thought Holy Crap, don't tell me they are logging this! I finally caught up to the chase vehicle, there was a bunch of people on luges, lol.

Here's my two-upper, put a Corbin solo on the airhead:
Dan in Mena
'81 R100 T/S
'85 K 100 RS