Boxerworks Forum rally--Location moved down the road

With annual BOXERWORKS rallies on 2 continents (and counting), they deserve a dedicated forum. & if any forum member would like to host a rally you can bring it up here.
Ron Moss

Re: Boxerworks Forum rally--CANCELLED, but could still happe

Post by Ron Moss »

awshucks wrote:Should be something somewhere by now. My short term memory is fried due to two bouts of bacterial meningitus, hence the awshucks user name, lol.

Sure hope some veterans from Ken's previous rallies come, would like to tag along through a look see or two of Ok. For as close as I am to it, haven't seen much of it.

Last time I did the whole Talihena Drive, I kept seeing CAUTION slow moving vehicles Ahead signs. I thought Holy Crap, don't tell me they are logging this! I finally caught up to the chase vehicle, there was a bunch of people on luges, lol.

Here's my two-upper, put a Corbin solo on the airhead:
Dan, When Ken cancelled my wife and I cancelled or trip. This morning my wife said we might still make your get together.
What we need to know is more details. Where do we meet, how do we get there, what time etc. In 6 or 7 years we've only missed one of Ken's rally's. Hope to meet and visit . Ron and Teresa Moss, Springfield MO
Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid
Ron Moss

Post by Ron Moss »

Dan, When Ken cancelled my wife and I cancelled or trip. This morning my wife said we might still make your get together.
What we need to know is more details. Where do we meet, how do we get there, what time etc. In 6 or 7 years we've only missed one of Ken's rally's. Hope to meet and visit . Ron and Teresa Moss, Springfield MO

Ron Moss

Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Been to Springfield to Bass Pro. You go to Joplin and head south for the most part. Maybe mapquest? Since you've been to Ken's before, you probably have been by my place and store/campground You folks will be the 2nd couple that I know of, and there's one other guy so far, both coming on different days, so I don't have any great idea of what and when just yet.

I'm only 2 miles from store/campground. My phone is 479 394-2535. Cell 479 216 2686. Cell phones generally can't get a signal in this valley, but can up on mntn by overlook at QW park.

I would imagine you'll be ready for a break after the trip from Springfield and setting up camp. I'll be checking the camp throughout the day or you can call me on stores land line when you check in.

There's some great riding in northern Ar. I go on a 3 day run up there every April. Here's one years routes, they may be of use in planning a route down here, especially Saturday's return trip to store/campground. oops, puter glitch, will post them in a bit, don't want to lose this, lol.

edit; There's only one day that's germaine, Sat return trip from Mountain Home, Ar

Directions for Saturday – 272 Miles

• From the Days Inn, take US-62 east (the way we came in) (1 mile) and turn right onto Hwy 62 south loop

• Turn left on Hwy 201 (5 miles)

• Take Hwy 201 (10 miles) and turn right onto Hwy 341

• Hwy 341 will change to Hwy 79 and Hwy 77, but it is otherwise known as Push Mountain Road (30 miles)

• At the end of Push Mountain Road, turn right on Hwy 14 (unless you’re going to turn around and ride it again)

• Stay on Hwy 14 through Big Flat and in about (14 miles) you will bear left onto Hwy 27

• Take Hwy 27 (10 miles) to Marshall, and turn right onto Hwy 65

• Take Hwy 65 (30 miles) to Hwy 123

• Take Hwy (35 miles) through Mount Judea all the way to Hwy 7

• Keep straight onto Hwy 7 (38 miles) to Russellville

• At Russellville (I-40), Hwy 7 and Hwy 27 are the same – stay with Hwy 27 through town to Dardanelle and Danville (25 miles)

• Just south of Danville, turn right onto SR-80 and go about (30 miles) to SR-250 and turn left

• Take SR-250 to US-71 and turn left (13 miles)

• Take US-71 South to Acorn and turn right onto Hwy 270 / 59 west and go (8 miles) to the Rich Mountain store

• Turn left onto Hwy 272 and look for the pavilion on the right where we will have supper

Edit2: I ran Springfield Mo to 1933 Hwy 270 Mena Ar thru mapquest. Anyone coming dfrom the North will get directed to take 540W into Ok for a few miles, then S on 112 toward Poteau. That's better than 71s all the way. There's a stop light on 540 where it meets the turn onto 112. Watch your speed on Poteau bypass, I got a performance award warning there once, lol. The only turn after you get on 112 is onto 272 at the store/camping.
Dan in Mena
'81 R100 T/S
'85 K 100 RS
awshucks

Re: Boxerworks Forum rally--Location moved down the road

Post by awshucks »

Just a reminder, the store has RV hookups for any tow to ride folks, but ya gotta call for reservations 479 394-5300, and there's some cabins for rent [nice!]a few miles down the road. Will put pics of all up 1st thing in am. Think cabins have a web site, but can't recall the darn name.

I'll have a 5 gal water jug and coffee pot/fixins there.
Dan in Mena
'81 R100 T/S
'85 K 100 RS
dwerbil

Post by dwerbil »

Dan, you da man!
:)

Click for pics
04 R1150RT ~ 78 R100/7 ~ 84 RS ~ 93 K1100RS ~ 65 R60/2
Randy in Round Rock
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Google is my friend. Two miles maybe on Ok side of 270W from store/campground, think he'll negotiate, tell him I sent y'all, lol
CABINS
Dan in Mena
'81 R100 T/S
'85 K 100 RS
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Well, the cabins are history for this year, booked solid. Here's a pic of store, gas pumps are dry, last gas is Heavener, Ok from west, 'y' city from north or Mena.

Pavillion:

Tent area :

My drive from East:

30" 'Bike path':

Anyone welcome to stop by, if you can't hold it on the concrete, favor the left side going up or down, it's easily doable.
Dan in Mena
'81 R100 T/S
'85 K 100 RS
bbelk

Post by bbelk »

dern, dern, dern, dern, dern.

I knew I couldn't make it this fall, and I still can't, but I sure hope some of you do. We are a fine bunch and I am glad to be counted amungst you. sorta.

Ken, I hope you get your feet under you soon. I am 1.5 months into full retirement and I am wore out. Spent a month fishing in Port Aransas, and I leave for an international canoe race on the Rio Grande in Larado on Wedendsday. Since I can't go drinking in Mexico anymore, this will probably be my last time working this race so next fall, I am at Ken's.

I look forward to meeting some of the new names I haven't met.

1975 R90/6
1979 R65
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Feel free to bring some of those red fish! Can you tell any taste diff in those and black drum? I caught both in La, got $1.50 @ # for the reds and $.035 for black drum, you can guess what we ate, lol.
Dan in Mena
'81 R100 T/S
'85 K 100 RS
dwerbil

Post by dwerbil »

bbelk wrote:dern, dern, dern, dern, dern.

I knew I couldn't make it this fall, and I still can't, but I sure hope some of you do. We are a fine bunch and I am glad to be counted amungst you. sorta.

Ken, I hope you get your feet under you soon. I am 1.5 months into full retirement and I am wore out. Spent a month fishing in Port Aransas, and I leave for an international canoe race on the Rio Grande in Larado on Wedendsday. Since I can't go drinking in Mexico anymore, this will probably be my last time working this race so next fall, I am at Ken's.

I look forward to meeting some of the new names I haven't met.
"1.5 months into retirement" and you're wore out? Brad, it's time for you to start your Doan's Pills and magnetic therapy.
Or, just stick with what voodoo you do so well....fishing, cycling, biking, followed with a squeeze or two of the grapes at sundown....just not so much of it all at one time.

Click for pics
04 R1150RT ~ 78 R100/7 ~ 84 RS ~ 93 K1100RS ~ 65 R60/2
Randy in Round Rock